In full disclosure, this blog post was sponsored by ACBC Boardwalk Con. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about events we think your family may enjoy.
Atlantic City Boardwalk Con is coming back to Atlantic City!
So many of us grew up with comic books, and superheroes, and a love of popular culture. Thanks to the influx of superhero movies lately, our children have been exposed to the same characters. Isn’t it great when you can share an interest and spend a day enjoying it?
For all the little Batmans and Supergirls and cartoon enthusiasts, we are excited to tell you about Atlantic City Boardwalk Con (ACBC)! Coming back for a second year, ACBC is a comic, cosplay, and geek/pop culture convention. It will be held at the convenient Atlantic City Convention Center May 13-15. ACBC includes a vendor expo, celebrity guests, artists, writers, classes as well as a TV & Film Auto Exhibit and the Marston Family Wonder Woman Museum.
Our favorite part? This year ACBC is introducing a “Kidz Zone” with organized activities, costume contest and Justice League Bounce House. What a great way to bring your kids into the “con” experience with a space meant just for them! Comic conventions can be overwhelming (and fun), so having a space for unwind and take a sensory break can be the key to a memorable day.
Read below for more details about all the Atlantic City Boardwalk Con experiences for families this year.
Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Dates
- Friday May 13: 10am-7pm
- Saturday, May 14: 10am-7pm
- Sunday, May 15: 10am–5pm
Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Admission Prices
- VIP 3 Day Pass $115, 3 Day Pass $65
- Friday 5/13 (Day Pass) $30
- Saturday 5/14 (Day Pass) $35
- Sunday 5/15 (Day Pass) $30
Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Location
Atlantic City Convention Center
1 Convention Boulevard Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Activities Include
THE ACBC Kidz Zone! Sponsored by Complete Security Systems
Next time you think “oh what a cute little child” when you see a kid in cosplay, think again. Remember, Batman first realized he was going to fight crime when he was barely a school-boy. Wonder Woman began her Amazon training as soon as she could toddle her way to the fighting pitch. Even Superman was lifting a truck up over Ma and Pa’s heads when he was still in diapers. Don’t let the age fool you! You never know what powers your toddler has!
Introducing the ACBC Kidz Zone—a family friendly part of the show floor where kids can let their imaginations soar. Play. Laugh. Dream. Your kids can show off their super skills in so many ways!
ACBC KIDZ ZONE will have: Free coloring. Justice League Bounce House. Kid Photo Backdrops. Live Characters. Caricature Artist, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine and The Flintstone’s Car. And on Sunday we’ll host a Kids Only Costume Contest with Prizes for everyone!
- Puppetry Workshop
Want to try your “hand” at being a puppeteer? Professional puppeteers will conduct a “puppeteering workshop” for kids. Learn the “secrets” of lip-sync and manipulation used by professional puppeteers, and get to make a simple puppet, and manipulate professionally made puppets! Given by Noel MacNeal. Noel launched his career on Sesame Street, where he honed his craft with puppetry legends Jim Henson and Frank Oz. Noel was “Bear,” the gentle and lovable star in Disney’s Emmy Award-winning series Bear in the Big Blue House and its spin-off series Breakfast with Bear, and received a Daytime Emmy Nomination as “Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series.”
- Kidz Zone Drawing “PINKIE PIE” Workshop
Pinkie Pie brings cheer and playfulness to brighten her friends’ days. She loves eating sweets and throwing parties for all her friends. She also enjoys helping people in need and she knows how to turn any frown upside down! A professional character artist and art director for over a decade, Diana Leto, will teach kids how to draw “Pinkie Pie” in the ACBC Kidz Zone. Diana has made a name for herself creating art for world class clients like Nickelodeon, Jim Henson Legacy, Sesame Street, IDW Comics, and Warner Bros. Diana has drawn cover artwork for IDW’s MY LITTLE PONY. First come first serve. Limited seating. Given by Professional Illustrator/Artist, Diana Leto. A professional character artist and art director for over a decade, she has made a name for herself creating art for world class clients like Nickelodeon, Jim Henson Legacy, Sesame Street, Dark Horse comics, IDW Comics and Warner Bros.
- Padawan Training Institute Kids lightsaber training from Empire Saber Guild. The Empire Saber Guild is a non-profit, all volunteer, international organization that specializes in Light Saber choreography and education. ESG will teach the ways of the force to wonderful minds of children as their Padawan Training sessions will showcase saber techniques customized for the Yoda-sized fans.
- Plus Special Guests Batman, Wonder Woman, Scooby Doo and R2D2!
NOTE: All kids must be accompanied by an adult. Kids under 9 enter ACBC Free with purchase of adult general admission ticket. (Limit 2 children per Adult Ticket.)
Click over to the Atlantic City Boardwalk Con site to see which celebrities are scheduled to appear.
Other Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Family Friendly Highlights & Activities
- STAR TREK 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR BY RODDENBERRY ENTERTAINMENT Boldly going where no man has gone before for 50 years, Roddenberry Entertainment once again beams down to AC Boardwalk Con Year 2! Celebrating the Golden Anniversary of Star Trek, join us for an exclusive 50th Anniversary panel as well as special merchandise courtesy of Roddenberry!
- THE ACBC GARAGE where you can see’66 Batmobile, Batmobile Tumbler, BatCycle, BatBoat, Duke’s of Hazard General Lee, Ghostbuster Ecto-1, Jurassic Park Jeeps, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Flintstone’s Car, Back to the Future Delorean and More!
- PHOTO STUDIO The ACBC Cosplay Photo Backdrops are FREE for everyone’s use for Photos! Why have your best photo ruined by some joker photo-bombing you in the background? Swing on over to the Cosplay Photo Studio and recreate your best crime fighting (or crime snatching!) memories. Schedule a photoshoot with an ACBC Photographer for professional photos. However you want to play it—capture your ACBC experience!
And this year, with addition of kid-specific backdrops in our Kidz Zone, even the little superhero in training has a chance for a heroic photo.
- THE MARSTON FAMILY WONDER WOMAN MUSEUM A philosopher, a lawyer, a psychologist, a writer, and an advocate for women’s rights, William Marston created the character of Wonder Woman for DC Comics. The character of Wonder Woman would be the embodiment of his teachings and beliefs changing the face of comics forever. Visit the Marston Family Museum, exclusively presented at Atlantic City Boardwalk Con. Celebrate his legacy through an exhibit featuring her creation, pop culture memorabilia and artwork that is a tribute to the most powerful woman in comics. And in 2016, Wonder Woman turns 75! Come on, admit it, she looks amazing for her age. Not a wrinkle in sight! The Marston Family is working with ACBC to put together a fun filled party/presentation to celebrate the most famous offspring of this wonderful family.
- INK-FUSION PRESENTED BY MARC DRAVEN Ink-Fusion is the original and leading International Entertainment and comic con tattoo program. Holding license agreements with Lucasfilms LTD, Ink-Fusion proves why they’re unstoppable. Ink-Fusion’s “When the Worlds of Tattooing and Pop Culture Collide” tattoos are available on the ACBC Show Floor.
- CREATOR’S ALLEY Artists and Writers abound in this “must see” part of the show floor. Meet the rising stars and the people who work the front lines of the industry! Your favorite pencillers, inkers and writers. Comics, original art, graphic novels, limited edition prints, sketches—find it all in this den of brilliant creative minds!
- COSTUMES! COSTUMES! COSTUMES! At the show, thousands of amazing costumes are available for your viewing pleasure. Fans dressing up in costumes, or cosplay as it is sometimes called, is a BIG part of the ACBC experience. BE PART OF THE ACTION… get your photo taken with all your favorite characters or come dressed up yourself. Either way—it’s a visual feast for the eyes and fun for all!
- SHOP TIL YOU DROP! Retailers and vendors from all over join ACBC to make your experience an unforgettable one. Everything from comics and gaming, to science fiction and pop culture, these retailers have what you need. There is something for everyone. On our show floor you can find what you’re looking for – whether it’s comic books, original artwork, memorabilia, DVD’s, videos, toys or t-shirts. Come shop and have a ball!
- PRIZES! WIN BIG. (AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.) Let Lady Luck be at your side in Atlantic City! At ACBC we have tons of prizes and giveaways. On Friday, May 13th—we will be doing HOURLY giveaways. Everything from original artwork to signed comic books—collectibles—and even this season’s hottest sunglass styles from Carrera! Throughout the weekend over a hundred prizes will be given away! And if you Dunk a Villain in our LIVE interactive event—you automatically get entered to win a special daily prize announced at end of show that day! Are you an ACBC VIP? Our VIPs even have exclusive drawings of awesome swag simply because we roll out the red carpet for them!
With all this, you won’t want to miss it! Buy your tickets now, or enter below for your chance to win!
Find out the latest about AC Boardwalk Con at:
www.DoACBC.com, and follow ACBC on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Ready to win a family 4 pack of tickets to Atlantic City Boardwalk Con?
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner for a family 4-pack of tickets. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- The winners’ name will be held at will call.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until May 6 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced May 7, 2016.
- lease claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.