In full disclosure, this blog post about the July 4th Fireworks aboard the Battleship New Jersey was sponsored by the Battleship New Jersey.
You love fireworks! We love fireworks!
Last year over 25,000 families turned to Jersey Family Fun for information on where to see fireworks, not just July 4th Fireworks in New Jersey, but for a full schedule of New Jersey events with fireworks throughout the summer. That’s a lot of families that love witnessing the bombs bursting in air with the spectacular colorful glares. One of our family’s favorite places to watch fireworks has always been aboard the Battleship New Jersey.
July 4th Fireworks Aboard the Battleship New Jersey
You can’t beat being on the Battleship New Jersey for fireworks. The lights blasting into the night sky over the water makes for an incredibly beautiful site. With the patriotic music playing in the background and seeing it all aboard a ship with such an important legacy for our country, it tugs on your heart strings and makes you appreciate the freedoms we have and those who fought for it. Join us to watch the Independence Day fireworks show, presented by Camden County, from the deck of the Battleship! The Battleship will open her decks at 7 pm. The fireworks shows are projected to begin at 9:30 pm.
Here’s a small clip from one of their firework shows a few years back.
Battleship New Jersey activities for July 4th
- Live music
- Face painting for the kids
- Fireworks beginning at 9:30 pm.
- Food concessions and a cash bar for adults
Tickets are only a $10 donation per person and proceeds go to the on-going restoration of the Battleship, a non-profit museum and memorial. Get Tickets Here for the fireworks aboard the Battleship New Jersey or by calling 856-966-1652 x108 or at the Battleship Ticket Office, open every day from 9:30am to 5pm, as well as before the fireworks show. You can also enter to win tickets below.
About the Battleship New Jersey
The Battleship New Jersey is now docked at the Camden Waterfront. Seven days a week volunteers are had at work, restoring the ship, taking great care of her, and taking families like yours and ours on tours. The volunteers give almost 600,000 man hours each year. Last year, 17,000 children and adults stay overnight for an overnight encampment program.
The Battleship is a memorial to us all, a reminder of the great sacrifices our military have made. With 19 battle stars, the Battleship New Jersey is the most decorated battleship in U.S. naval history.
She went to war in 1943, proud with tremendous firepower, and a crew eager to end the war. Eight hundred and eighty seven feet of a fantastic accomplishment by the men and women at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
She furnished our ground troops in the Pacific, Korea and Vietnam with accurate gunfire on the enemy. She was the only U.S. battleship in Vietnam in support of our military. She was also there for the Gulf War.”
Did You Know?
- The Battleship Crew offer a variety of tours: self-guided, independent tours, self-guided with audio tours, and guided tours. While tours won’t be available on the July 4th evening you can always return for another visit.
- It’s almost three football fields long and over 11 stories high. It has an impressive history that you can learn all about here.
- On the ship’s deck you’ll be able to see a 16-inch Gun Turret and Tomahawk Missiles.
- BB62 was built at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, and launched December 7, 1942- just a year after the Pearl Harbor Attack brought America into WWII.
- You can check out live webcams of the Battleship New Jersey and the Camden Waterfront!
Here’s some of our other links related to the Battleship New Jersey that may interest you.
Ready to win 4 tickets to the July 4th Fireworks Aboard the Battleship New Jersey?
This giveaway is now over.
We are picking 4 winners!
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 4 winners. Each will get a family 4-pack of tickets. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- The winners’ tickets will be held for them at the ticket desk aboard the Battleship New Jersey.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until June 26 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced June 27, 2018.
- Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.