First published in 2013. This post with New Jersey Beach Tag information is updated every year with the current year’s information.
Every year our listing of New Jersey Beaches and Beach Tag information ranks as one of our top posts.
Below is a list of New Jersey beaches by county and information about their Beach Badges/Tags. (Yes, this is an ongoing list. If you have beaches we should add please email them to JerseyFamilyFun). This list will be updated every year. Towns in italics are being confirmed as of April 6 2018.
Know before you go! If there are any beach closings the NJDEP website will let you know.
Beach tags are required on most beaches beginning Memorial Day weekend. Check with the individual town for exact dates and times required.
Remember to swim near a lifeguard!
New Jersey Beaches in South Jersey
Atlantic County Beaches
Atlantic County Beaches & Atlantic County Beach Tag Information
- Atlantic City Beaches– Free
- Atlantic City beaches have a boardwalk.
- There is no free parking available, but paid parking is available at lots or casinos. Some streets, like Albany Avenue offer a more affordable option with parking meters.
- Brigantine Beaches
- Purchase at the beach (when in operation) or available daily from 9am-4pm at Brigantine Beach Community Center, located at 265 42nd Street. The Brigantine Beach Community Center can be reached by calling (609) 264-7350.
- Seasonal: $15.00 through the month of May/$ 20.00 starting June 1st. Daily $10, Weekly $15.
- There is free parking available on side streets and in some smaller parking lots.
- Longport Beaches
- Purchase at the beach or available pre-season at Borough Hall, 2305 Atlantic Ave., 609-822-6503.
- Preseason sale price till June 15; Seasonal $15 everyone 12 yrs and up (Seniors $5). After June 18 Seasonal is $30 for adults and $10 for seniors.
- Margate Beaches
- Badges can be purchased in advance by sending a check or money in the exact amount of the purchase to City Hall, 9001 Winchester Avenue, Margate, NJ 08402 (made payable to City of Margate). Prepurchased badges can be picked up starting June 20.
- Preseason badges are $7 for ages 12 and up. Starting June 1st, all badges are $15 for the season.
- Margate offers free beach days during July and August. Visit our Margate Free Beach Day listing for the schedule.
- Ventnor badges are honored in Margate.
- Somers Point William Morrow Beach
- Also known as the Somers Point Municipal Beach
- Beach badges are not required.
- Free parking in available in a lot and on side streets.
- You can read our 8 Reasons to Visit Municipal Beach Park in Somers Point to learn more.
- Ventnor Beaches
- Badges can be purchased at Ventnor City Hall or online.
- Badges can be purchased prior to June 1st for $7.00 for the season. After May 31st, badges are available at a rate of $15.00 for the Season. Weekly badges are available for $10.00.
- Margate badges are honored in Ventnor.
Cape May County Beaches
Cape May County Beaches & Cape May County Beach Tag Information
- Wildwoods Beaches – Free
- Wildwood beaches do have a boardwalk.
- Parking is available on the street with meters, further from the beach on street parking is free, and there are lots available as well.
- Avalon Beaches
- Avalon beach tags can be purchased at the Beach Tag Booth at Community Hall on 30th Street and Avalon Avenue, open weekends from 10-4.
- Pre-season $23.00, no cost for military season badges. After May 31, the price will go up to $28.00. Daily rate $6, weekly rate $12
- Avalon badges are honored in Stone Harbor
- Cape May Beaches
- Purchase at the beach or available pre-season at City Hall, 643 Washington St., 609-884-9525
- Seasonal $28, no cost for a veteran or active military season badges. Daily rate $6, weekly rate $18. Required for ages 12 and over.
- Cape May Point Beaches
- Purchase at 9 AM – 12 PM at Borough Hall, 215 Lighthouse Ave., 609-884-8468
- Daily Rate: $10, Weekly Rate (Sat-Sat): $25, seasonal $35. Preseason discount seasonal tags are $28 (before Memorial Day). Tags free for active military and veterans and required for ages 12 and up.
- The Municipal Boundaries for Cape May Point Beaches are from the State Park (Lighthouse Avenue) up to and including the Alexander Avenue Jetty…these areas require Cape May Point Beach Tags. Cape May Point Beach Tags are ONLY valid on our beaches and likewise, our tags are not accepted on other area beaches.
- Ocean City Beaches
- Purchase at the beach or available pre-season at six different locations or online. Call 609-399-1111 for information
- Preseason $20, after Memorial Day, $25 required for ages 12 and up. Daily rate $5, weekly rate $10
- Ocean City beaches do have a boardwalk.
- Sea Isle City Beaches
- Purchase every day 9AM-4PM at the Welcome Center
- Wednesdays are free beach days (except for July 4)
- Daily $5, Weekly $10, Seasonal $20 before May 15, $25 after. Free for active military and veterans. Required for ages 12 and older.
- Stone Harbor Beaches
- Seasonal, weekly and daily tags may be purchased in advance from borough hall or the welcome center. Order by mail and your tag will be held at Borough Hall.
- Preseason tags $23 to May 31, after May 31 cost is $28. Daily $6, Weekly $12. Veterans are free. Tags are required for ages 12 and over.
- Beach-tag reciprocity between Avalon and Stone Harbor
Ocean County Beaches
Ocean County Beaches & Ocean County Beach Tag Information
- Point Pleasant Beach
- Purchase at the main office of Jenkinson’s Boardwalk (located behind the candy store)
- Daily-Weekdays- $2.50 (children 5-11) $9.00 (children 12-adult), children under 5 are free. Weekends- $2.50 (children 5-11) $10.00 (children 12-adult), children under 5 are free.
- Full seasonal pass, May 18th-Labor Day- $90,(ages 12-adult) or half seasonal pass, May 18th-July 31st or August 1-Labor Day-$65 (ages 12-adult). Full seasonal pass, May 18th-Labor Day- $45 (children 5-11) or half seasonal pass, May 18th-July 31st/August 1st (closing day) or $35 (children 5-11).
- Senior citizens (ages 62+) may purchase a full seasonal badge for $65.
- Barnegat Light Beaches
- Purchase at the beach or available pre-season at Borough Hall, 10 W. 10th St., 609-494-9196
- Daily $5, Weekly $22, Preseason $30 to June 5, Seasonal $40. Badges purchased on the beach front are $1 extra. Badges required for 12 and over.
- Beach Haven Beaches
- Purchase by mail via the form on the website or mobile app.
- Preseason seasonal pass $30 (must be purchased before June 15th). Seasonal Badges are $40, weekly badges are $20, and daily badges are $5. Active military and their dependents are free. Required for ages 12 and up.
- Brick Beaches (Beach One, Beach Two and Windward Park)
- Preseason badges available in the Brick Township Recreation office.
- Daily $5, Preseason $25 before June 15, seasonal $30. Required for ages 12 and over.
- Daily parking is $5, seasonal parking is $30.
- Harvey Cedars Beaches
- Preseason $30 before June 15. After June 15, Seasonal $40, Daily $6, Weekly $20. Active military are free. Badges needed for age 12 and older.
- Badges are on sale at Borough Hall, 76th Street and Long Beach Boulevard. During the season badges available at the booth in Sunset Park.
- Lavallette Beach
- Preseason badges for purchase
- Preseason $40 before June 17. After June 17, $50/person.
- Daily $10, weekly $30. Required for ages 12 and older.
- Long Beach Township Beaches
- Preseason badges for purchase at 3 locations.
- Preseason $30 before June 15. After June 15, Seasonal $40, Weekly $20, Daily $7, Veterans free with ID. Required for ages 12 and older.
- Ship Bottom Beaches
- Daily $7, Weekly $20, Preseason $30 to May 31, Seasonal $40
- Surf City Beaches
- Available preseason at 813 Long Beach Blvd., 609-494-2400
- Daily $7, Weekly $20, Seasonal $30 to May 31, $40 after May 31. Required for ages 12 and up.
- Seaside Heights Beaches
- Season badges may be purchased during regular business hours at Borough Hall between April 1st and Labor Day and at the Beach Control Office on the Boardwalk (@Kearney Avenue) whenever the Beach Control Office is open, (generally, weekends in June and daily between July 4th weekend and Labor Day).
- $8 daily, $35 weekly, Seasonal $45 on or before May 15th, $60 on or after May 16th. Children 11 and under, active military and retired military free.
- Seaside Heights offers beach fee discounts throughout the summer, including Mom and Me Days, Dad and Me Days, Bring a Friend Days, and Bring a Hero Days. Click over for the schedule of Seaside Heights 2-for-1 Beach Admission Days.
- Bay beach – free every day.
- Seaside Park Beaches
- On sale beginning April 30th. Please call 732-793-3700 for more information
- Beach tags are $55 before June 14th and $60 after.
- Lacey Township Beaches (Cedar Creek, Bamber Lake, Deerhead Lake Beach, Lake Barnegat Beach)
- For residents only. Purchase at the recreation office M-F 8:30am-4:30 pm, Saturdays 10am-2pm.
- $5 daily for children 5-adult.
New Jersey Beaches in Central Jersey
Monmouth County Beaches
Monmouth County Beaches & Monmouth County Beach Tag Information
- Allenhurst Beach Club
- Entrance is at Allen Avenue.
- Daily badge $10, children under 12 free.
- Asbury Park Beaches
- Preseason for sale at the Asbury Park Beach Office, Boardwalk and First Avenue.
- Weekday $5, Weekend $7, Seasonal adult $70, Ages 13-17 or Seniors $20, Active Military and disabled veterans free
- Asbury Park beaches do have a boardwalk. On street parking available – insider’s tip – park a couple blocks back for a lower cost.
- Avon-By-the-Sea Beaches
- Badges can be purchased at the beach at any one of Avon’s 3 tag booths, Washington Ave., Sylvania Ave. or Norwood Ave. Badges may also be purchased before summer at the borough office beginning in early May.
- Daily badge: $9 (12 or older), Season badge: $90, Junior (12-18)or Senior (65+) season badge: $45. 11 and under are free.
- Belmar Beaches
- Preseason purchases available at Borough Hall, 601 Main Street or by mail.
- Daily Badge: $8.00, Free to Military Personnel and all Monmouth County Volunteer First Responders (First Aid/EMS and Firefighters) when showing their valid membership ID cards. Season Badge: $55. Required for ages 16 and up.
- Bradley Beach
- Beach Tags available at Borough Hall during the hours of 9am-4pm Monday through Friday except holidays.
- Daily badge: $9, Season badge: $75, Junior season badge: (ages 13-15) $25. Active Military, spouse and dependent free.
- Deal Beaches
- Weekday badge $8 (12 and older), Weekends/holiday badge: $10 (12 and older), Season badge: $150
- Highlands Beaches
- Free access to river beaches
- Keansburg Beaches
- 732 787-0214, call to see if bay beaches will be open.
- Loch Arbour Beaches
- Badges are available for pick-up from the Village Beach gatehouse, Euclid Avenue and Ocean Place, application available online.
- Monday-Thursday badge: $6, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays badge: $10. Season badge: $95. Badges required for ages 12 and up.
- Long Branch Beaches
- Preseason badges can be purchased at the Recreation Department 226 Broadway, or the Tax Office, 344 Broadway.
- Daily Badge: $5, Weekend Badge: $7, Season Badge: Ages 18-61 $45, Students ages 14-17 $30. Children under 14 are free.
- Badges are for Long Branch, not Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Manasquan Beaches
- Purchase weekends in May at the Beach Office, Beachfront and Main Street.
- Daily Badge: $9.00. Season Badge: $80.00, Children 12-16 $35.00, Active military and families, and retired veterans are free. Badges are required for 12 and up.
- Monmouth Beach
- Daily $9, Season badge: $75, Season badge children (ages 12-16): $75, Senior citizen badge (65+) $25
- Ocean Grove Beaches
- Daily badge: $8, Weekly special (seven consecutive days): $40. Seasonal before May 19 $75, after, $80. Season badge ages 12-17, $40, Senior citizen badge. Badges required for 12 and up.
- Season and Weekly Beach badges can be purchased before May 26 at 54 Pitman Avenue, and at the Beach Office on the boardwalk at Embury Avenue after.
- Sandy Hook Beaches (Gateway National Recreation Area)
- There is no entrance fee to Sandy Hook, there is a $15.00 per car parking fee, Season parking pass: $75
- 4th Grade pass holders receive free parking as well as military pass holders and families.
- Insider’s Tip – stick around for Wednesday night concerts!
- Sea Bright Beaches
- Daily, $8, Seasonal, $100, badges required for ages 12 and up.
- Available for purchase at Borough Hall, 1167 Ocean Avenue, weekdays 9 AM – 4 PM until May 25th
- Sea Girt Beaches
- Daily $10, Season badge $105, Free for military personnel
- Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Preseason beach badges will be available for purchase at Thompson Park Headquarters, Lincroft. Application available online.
- Seasonal: $70, Weekdays $8. Daily parking is $8, season parking is $70. Under 18 is free. Military and veterans and families free admission and parking
- Spring Lake Beaches
- Available for purchase online or at Borough Hall.
- Daily badge $10, Season badge $105, $65 after August 1. Required for age 12 and up.
- Union Beach
- Bay beach is free; parking available
- Beach is handicapped accessible.
Sign up for our 100 Days of Summer Family Fun newsletter by texting Jerseyfun to 66866 and get a daily email with the next day’s New Jersey events for families.
Pin our posts about New Jersey beaches for later.
For more water fun in New Jersey visit these articles