Diggerland USA has been an advertiser with Jersey Family Fun since 2014 when they first announced the country’s only construction theme park in the United States.
For us, our love of Diggerland started back in January of 2014. It was then that we learned that the (former) owners of Sahara Sams, Ilya Girlya, his father Sam, and Ilya’s brother Yan were going to create a theme park like no other. They were going to create the country’s first construction theme park and it would be in New Jersey! It would be called Diggerland USA. We could not wait!
Come opening day in 2014, we could hardly contain our excitement. You can read about it all here, Our 10 Favorite Moments from Diggerland USA Opening Day. Since that day we have been to Diggerland every season and often multiple times a season. It’s always a thrill to see what’s new and to be able to have such a unique place to visit with my kids in New Jersey. How cool that so many of us live just an hour, more or less, from being able to ride and drive construction trucks with our kids?! Let us share with you everything we’ve come to know about Diggerland USA since before opening its doors to now, their 5th season.
Everything you want to know about DIGGERLAND USA
DIGGERLAND USA’s Location
Diggerland USA is located off Cooper Road via Route 73 at 100 Pinedge Drive in West Berlin, NJ. It is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia and an hour or so from New York.
You can get directions to DIGGERLAND USA using Google Maps or Mapquest. Use this address, 100 Pinedge Dr, West Berlin, New Jersey.
When is Diggerland open?
Diggerland is open almost year round from mid March to late November, weather permitting. While school is in session, they are open weekends and school holidays usually 11 am to 6 pm. During the summer months, you can expect that Diggerland will be open daily 10 am to 6 pm. On select Saturdays and Sundays those hours will extend till 7 pm. You can always double check open hours at this page of their website.
What ages is Diggerland best for?
There is such a variety of attractions that every member of the family will find something they love. Diggerland USA has done a great job of creating attractions to appeal to everyone. There are rides where you can sit back and just be a passenger. There are rides where you get to operate the equipment. There are rides that spin and rides that go up high. There is a huge playground, rock wall, and ropes course. And if you need a break from the rides there are options for that as well.
- Preschoolers will enjoy the playground, barrel train, goat farm, and duck racing Diggerland has to offer. Parents will love that admission is free for guests 36 inches or shorter.
- Schoolage kids love Diggerland’s Greased Beast that debuted in 2017. Take a look at the Greased Beast. They also love that there are about 20 rides they can ride including tractors and diggers. More details on the rides below.
- Tweens return over and over for the skid-steers, rock climbing wall, Spin Dizzy, Sky Shuttle, Elevation Station (new) and more adventurous rides as well as shocking thrill shows featuring construction equipment.
- Teens don’t complain they are too old for Diggerland when they see activities like an arcade, ropes course, and extreme rides for them like Soaring Eagle Zip Line, new for 2018. Diggerland’s night time events like the Night of the Living Machines, a Halloween event that debuted in 2017, are also great for the older kids who can stay up late.
Read our mom endorsements of Diggerland
- One of my first Diggerland reviews in 2014, 12 Things Your Family Will Love About Diggerland USA
- From Julia in 2014, 5 Things You Need to Know About Diggerland USA
- From Jillian in 2015, 8 Reasons to Love Diggerland USA
- From Melanie in 2016, 3 Can’t Miss Activities at Diggerland USA
How much does it cost to go to Diggerland?
Daily Admission for Diggerland
- Date specific Diggerland tickets bought ONLINE
- $29.95 when bought online for guests over 36 inches but under 42 inches tall
- $34.95 when bought online for guess 42 inches and taller.
- Can’t make the date your selected? Tickets are still valid up to 30 days after your originally planned trip.
- NON-Dated Diggerland tickets bought ONLINE
- $38.95 when bought online for all guests over 36 inches
- Valid for single day admission on a date of your leisure. This ticket is valid for 365 days from the day of purchase.
- Non-participating guests over 65 years in age and guests under 36″ are free.
- The walk up price for tickets can be slightly higher.
What’s included with Diggerland admission
- Almost all rides unless noted below.
- Ropes Course
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Stunt Shows
What’s not included with admission
- Arcade Games
- The Soaring Eagle ride is an additional $5 per rider.
- The Gold Digger mining activity is an additional charge
Does Diggerland offer group rates?
Yes, Diggerland offers discounts for groups. Learn more at this page of their site.
Annual passes for Diggerland
Diggerland Season Passes are $54.95.
Annual pass members receive these benefits
- HALF OFF Soaring Eagle Zip Line Rides
- 10% Off Food, Drinks and Merchandise
- $30 Off Birthday Party Reservations
- Discount Tickets to Bring Friends
Current Diggerland Promo Codes and offers
- Senior discount – Participating seniors, with valid ID, may purchase a participating wristband for $28.95.
- AAA discount – $28.95. Details: Member must present their AAA card and photo ID at time of purchase. Offer valid for card holder and up to 3 additional family members.
- Military and first responders discount – $28.95. Details: Must present military, EMS, Firefighter, or Police ID card at the time of purchase. Offer valid for card holder and up to 3 additional family members.
- Birthday discount – $28.95 for one admission during your birthday month. Guests must show proof of age with either a state-issued license, birth certificate or military ID. Only the birthday guest receives the discount.
- Good grades discount – $28.95. Bring your straight A report card (No B’s, sorry!) to Diggerland USA within 30 days of the end of your marking period to qualify for the discounted rate. Report card must have straight A’s (or comparable grade). College students must have been registered as full-time students during the semester they received straight A’s.
Does Diggerland charge for parking?
Diggerland offers FREE parking in their own parking lot.
Diggerland Rides, Attractions, & Special Events
There are over 25 rides at Diggerland and they are not your typical amusement park rides. The thrill is NOT in the scare or the speed. Parents and kids who are typically afraid of amusement park rides, won’t be scared at Diggerland. Instead, they’ll find rides they can enjoy together. Children (and adults!) are given the opportunity to operate real construction equipment. Instead of spending the day riding roller coasters or the bumper cars, you can dig holes with an excavator or drive a backhoe. Get behind the controls of the machines at Diggerland USA! A child only needs to stand 42 inches tall to operate a digger. There is a row of Mini Diggers that kids can operate to pick up ducks, bowl, and of course dig. Big Diggers are available too and they certainly aren’t just for kids!
One of our favorites is the Big Diggers. Weighing in at a whopping 7,092 pounds, and with a powerful 26.8hp engine, kids can dig until their hearts are content on the JCB 8030’s. This supervised attraction offers family-friendly machinery and the chance to really get down and dirty!
Another favorite are the Mini Diggers: Bowlers. No special shoes required for this game of EXTREME bowling! Your “Bowling Ball” is attached to the arm of a JCB 8018 mini-excavator! Manipulate the arm and see if you can knock down all of the pins! Sounds easy—but it’s not when you’re controlling over 2 tons of steel!
Once everyone has dug to their heart’s content, it’s time to drive. Skid steers, ARGOs, backhoes, dumpers and more are ready for you to get in the driver’s seat!
WorkMax Trucks, a favorite to drive, the JCB WorkMax 4 by 4 All-Terrain Vehicles. The trucks feature independent rear suspension, electronic four wheel drive with differential locking, steel tipping cargo beds and 265 millimeters of go-anywhere clearance.
Spin Dizzy, my youngest’s favorite Diggerland ride. The Spin Dizzy lifts and spins you at not-for-the-faint-of-heart speeds. It is the fastest ride at Diggerland. The specially designed three ton high, torque JCB JS220 will give adrenaline junkies just the fix they need. Hold on tight for this one.
Diggerland’s 5 new rides for 2018
- Ventracs 3400 – Drive and operate a hydrostatic compact tractor! The new fleet of Ventracs will be the first class of tractors the property has seen! See our video of the Ventracs 3400 in action on our YouTube Channel.
- Soaring Eagle Zip Line – Soaring Eagle is available for an additional $5 per individual rider or half off for Season Pass holders. Soar across the park in side-by-side seats. Enjoy a panoramic view from the 130-foot tower. Then SOAR down the 700-foot zipline. No stair tower to climb. No harness or other gear required. Just walk on, take a seat and enjoy the flight.
- Elevation Station – Elevation Station features a diamond plate deck, which holds five passengers and a ride operator. The unit itself weighs over eight tons and is elevated vertically nearly 60 feet with two main hydraulic cylinders powered by a 48-horse power diesel engine. On a clear day you can see the Philadelphia skyline when the Elevation Station is fully elevated.
- Farm Tractors – A Kubota B2601 Tractor is typically a farm tractor. But at Diggerland kids (and adults) can get behind the wheel and take one for a ride.
- Rugged Riders – Ride or drive the comfortable and versatile off-road Kubota RTV-900. At almost 2000 lbs and with 21.6 HP, you might expect it to be hard to maneuver around the track. It’s not.
Click over to read more about the 5 new rides at Diggerland USA.
Are Diggerland rides safe?
Even though you are operating REAL construction equipment, everything is perfectly safe. Yes, most of the rides and attractions are JCB Heavy Construction equipment. However, safety hasn’t been compromised. All equipment has been modified for use on a course or it has been made stationary by design for use in excavation areas. On many rides, children will be accompanied by trained Diggerland staff. The staff does a great job of explaining how each machine operates and monitoring it while it’s being used to ensure safety.
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Ropes Course
- Soaring Eagle Zipline (Additional $5 charge)
- The Kid Zone Playground
- Video Arcade
- Duck Racing
- Gold Digger – Mining for gems and stones
- Goat Camp – Feed the goats
- Duck Racing
- Stunt Shows
- Meet & Greet with Mascots
Special Events at Diggerland USA
There’s always something being planned at Diggerland from themed weekends to holiday events from camp outs to nights they are open late. At any time you can visit our Diggerland Upcoming Events article to see what special events are coming up at Diggerland.
- During Easter, Diggerland hosts an Easter Egg Hunt with over 4,000 hidden Easter eggs and 20 golden eggs. They are also open for kids off from school for spring break.
- As the weather warms up, Diggerland has discount days for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and other holidays.
- When September rolls around look for the return of Diggerfest. Click over to read all about Diggerfest.
- Then when October returns the construction theme park hosts an after dark Halloween event. Check out our Diggerland Night of the Living Machines review in our article, Dig into Halloween Fun at the Diggerland Night of the Living Machines.
Does Diggerland host overnight events?
Diggerland USA offers overnight camping events for families and scouting troops throughout their season. My youngest and I had such a memorable time during a Diggerland Camp Out and Dig In. Read more in our review, Your Kids Will DIG Camp Out & Dig In ~ A Diggerland Camp Out for Families.
Does Diggerland host Scouting events?
Diggerland hosts group events for scouting trips and corporate get togethers. Learn more at their site www.diggerlandusa.com.
Birthday Parties at Diggerland
There really is no place across the USA to have a birthday party like the party your child can have at Diggerland. We share the details on Diggerland’s 3 birthday party packages in this article, Diggerland Birthday Parties! Dig into a Great Time for All.
Dining options at Diggerland
- Diggerland offers onproperty dining in three areas.
- In a trailer-like building, across from the entrance is a full service café, “The Lunch Pail”.
- Towards the Diggers and the goats to the far right is one of two quick-service locations, “The Munch Box”.
- “The Forklift” is the other quick-service option to the far left (the newer area) near the Shake N’ Rolls and Ventracs.
- There is seating for eating at a covered and enclosed pavillion near the Lunch Pail as well as an additional open pavilion near the Munch Box.
- You can learn more and see the menus here.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the park except for one clear, unopened bottle of water per guest and for certain exceptions for medical purposes and food allergies.
- Picnic tables and shaded areas outside of the park gates are available for guests who want to return to their cars and eat food outside of the amusement park.
- There are several fast food and sit down restaurants near Diggerland along Route 73.
- Visit our New Jersey Kids Eat Free listing for nearby restaurants that offer free kids meals.
Stay & Play at Diggerland
Should you want to work your visit into an overnight stay in New Jersey these hotels are nearby.
- Coming soon details on hotels near Diggerland.
- This blog post will help you find more things to do in Camden County near Diggerland.
- Our Camden County Calendar of Events can show you what other fun family events are happening in the area during your visit.
Best Spot at Diggerland for an Instagram photo or selfie
My all time favorite spot for an Instagram photo at Diggerland is from the Sky Shuttle when it reaches its maximum altitude. That high up you can see almost the whole park in front of you. It’s even better at night, like you can see below.
The runner up and potentially best spot for a selfie at Diggerland is while riding the Elevation Station. When it’s elevated nearly 60 feet in the air you can see the Philadelphia Skyline. If you position yourself just right you maybe able to get an Instagram selfie with Philly in the background. If you do make sure you tag us @Jerseyfamilyfun #JerseyFun.
What else can we tell you about Diggerland?
- All of Diggerland is outside, there are no inside shows, so prepare accordingly. Wear and pack sunscreen. There is limited shade throughout the park. There are umbrellas and awnings set up to provide some shade and the pavilions offers lots of seating and shade. There is also an arcade that is a great place to seek shade.
- Diggerland packs a lot of park into a medium-sized amusement park. Plan on spending about 3-5 hours to maximize your theme park activities.
- The pathways between rides are wide and very stroller-friendly as well as wheelchair accesssible.
Visit these articles to learn even more about Diggerland USA, one of our favorite places to visit in New Jersey. To go all the way back to the beginning to learn about Diggerland’s creation, visit this article.