When I was a kid I always wished that Christmas could come more than once a year. It was more than the toys; it was the movies, the music and that feeling of joy that the holiday brings about. Music is playing, families are together and there are so many fun events to attend. I’m not sure how “Christmas in July” became a thing but I’m glad it has! We’ve found some New Jersey Christmas in July events and activities to enjoy your own festive fa-la-la in the heat of the summer!
Here are six fun ways to keep the spirit alive by celebrating Christmas in July in New Jersey
- Have Santa send your kids a letter telling them that he’s been checking in on them and he’s happy with what they have been doing. List specific ways your kids have been nice (or naughty). If they haven’t been on their best behavior over summer break maybe this will give them a nudge in the right direction.
- Turn on the Christmas music and bake Christmas treats! For added fun break out your Santa hats.
- Head to one of these great local New Jersey Christmas in July events! Santa loves baseball too – check out the Christmas themed promotions on July 25 at the Somerset Patriots, July 15 at Lakewood BlueClaws and July 27 at Trenton Thunder. Or head to the Novins Planetarium in Toms River on July 22 for a day of Christmas activities and shows!
New Jersey Christmas in July Events
- Break out your Elf and have him drop on by for a visit. Maybe the kids will find Elf sitting by the pool or playing with a hula hoop. Elf could drop off a new summer toy or a plate of cookies. Maybe he’ll even show up with a new outfit!
- Have a Christmas movie marathon. I don’t know about you but, there are some Christmas movies I could watch year round: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas or the new classic Elf. Whatever your favorite is, throw some popcorn in the microwave, make up some hot chocolate and pretend it’s December.
- Reading is a year round activity so why not switch it up and add some Christmas books into your nightly routine. One of our new favorites is the 12 Days of Christmas in New Jersey (affiliate link). Such a great way to teach your kids about the great state we live in. For more titles click the image below!
Remember Christmas or Christmas in July isn’t about spending money but about generosity, joy and making lasting memories. Merry Christmas in July and have fun with it!