Has the Chalk the Walk movement motivated you to get out and create some sidewalk chalk designs? For the past few weeks I’ve taken advantage of the sunnier days to get out there and create a few chalk images. I’ve created hearts, rainbows, Happy Easter scenes and most recently a few quotes to inspire our joggers in the neighborhood. But as much as I love it I was starting to run out of chalk the walk ideas.
Then I remembered that there have been so many chalk art images filling my Facebook feed. We’ve even held Chalk the Walk parades on the Jersey Family Fun Facebook page. It got me wondering could I challenge myself to come up with 100 Chalk the Walk ideas. The answer was no.
Yes, no, I couldn’t come up with 100 Chalk the Walk ideas by myself. BUT I could do it with the support of our community on Facebook and pulling inspiration from the great chalk artists out there.
May the ideas and pictures you see below inspire you to keep drawing, keep creating, and keep remembering we’re all in this together. Having fun with the kids can be as simple as grabbing some chalk.
100 Chalk the Walk Ideas
Let the wheels start turning. Get your imagination spinning and be inspired by these 100 ideas to help you Chalk the Walk!
10 Easy Pictures to Draw with Chalk
- Smiley Face Emoji
10 Slightly Harder Images to Chalk
- Stick Figures
- Virus symbol
10 Short Inspirational Quotes
- Be Kind
- Wash Your Hands
- You are loved.
- Each day provides its own gifts.
- Think Happy Thoughts
- We rise by lifting others.
- Focus on the good.
- You are somebody’s reason to smile.
15 Chalk the Walk Ideas for Scenes and Larger Spaces
- Rainbow-brick Road/ Yellow Brick Road
- Robots playing
- Religious & Inspirational
- Social distancing – Virus theme
- Village of people or children – Trace the members of your family and then have each person clothe or dress themselves in colorful chalk designs.
- Amusement Park
- USA Flag or fireworks
- Popular storybooks or movie scenes
5 Ideas for Stained Glass Chalk Designs
We’ve also seen some really artistic chalkers create the following designs.
- Stained glass hearts
- Stained glass crosses
- Stained glass shapes with words inside
13 Really Artistic Interactive Chalk Designs
Drawn just right, these are chalk the walk ideas your kids can position themselves with for some really Instagram-worthy pictures.
- Toy car to ride in
- Steps to climb
- Group of balloons with strings attached
- Butterfly Wings
- Muscle Arms
- Bicycles to ride
- Bubble blowing wand with bubbles
- Painter’s Palette with a paintbrush
- Pool Scene with beach chairs and bubbles
10 People You can Thank with a Chalk the Walk Design
- Grocery Story employees
- Mail Carriers
- Delivery People
10 Sidewalk Games to Chalk
- Chutes and Ladders
- Tic Tac Toe
- Obstacle Course or Maze
- 4 Square
- Bullseye – Draw a bullseye and leave rocks, marbles, or something else that pedestrians can use to try and land on the bullseye.
- Alphabet Hop
- Long Jump
7 EPIC Chalk the Walk Ideas
Winnie the Pooh
Girl with the Universe
Butterfly with Flower
Kermit the Frog
Flowers that inspire
Face with bird
10 How did they chalk that? Designs
All this chalk talk got me reflecting on memories I’ve made with my boys. Back in September 2013, we heard news about an Atlantic City Chalk Art Festival. I knew I had to explore it and I am so glad we did. It was pretty EPIC! These might not look like they were created by chalk but they were. They were created with chalk paint. Though there were tons of designs we’re including our 10 favorite chalk art images from the festival below.
Ready to chalk with the kids?
Here’s a few products you can pick up with our Amazon affiliate links. We earn a small commission if you do. Thanks.
- S&S Worldwide Color Splash! Giant Box of Sidewalk Chalk (This is the pack I bought back in March. Four different days of coloring, and I still have plenty left.)
- Chalk Paint
- Sprayable Chalk
- Glitter Sidewalk Chalk
- Chalk Stencils
- Painter’s tape for creating stained glass designs