This is not a sponsored post.
Wheeler Park – Union County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Wheeler Park – Union County
- Tucked away in an urban/busy area there’s a patch of calm with so much to do! Take a break while you’re out shopping or running errands in an area you wouldn’t expect to find a creek, a playground, a skate park, a pool … I could go on! There are two playground structures which appear to be new and are in very good repair. The park has plenty of shade as well.
- The artificial turf soccer field is for use by appointment only but you can catch some highly skilled players there playing under the lights at night, or some up and comers during the day. The field is almost always in use but bring your soccer ball just in case you can get some kick time in.
- The skate park is great for mid level to experienced skaters. My two little ones mostly run up and down the ramps and make their own fun without wheels, but I’ve seen some neat tricks done by the adult and teen skaters who come later in the day.
What Wheeler Park offers
- John Russell Wheeler Public Pool
- Picnic Area
- Basketball Court
- Restrooms (and portapotties)
- Skate Park
- Soccer Field
- Snack Bar (when pool is open)
- Softball Field
- Ample Parking
Wheeler Park is located at West Stimpson Avenue in Linden in Union County.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Wheeler Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.