In full disclosure, we were provided with accommodations at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort in Cambridge, Maryland. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun. As usual all opinions are my own.
Rest, relaxation, and family playtime just under 4 hours away
Our first vacation for the summer, as I drove down to Maryland from New Jersey I had a mix of emotions; excitement, nervousness, joy, and exhaustion. I saw pictures of how inviting the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort could be. I read about all the activities resort guests could enjoy, but I wondered. Would a place so beautiful be accommodating to families? Would there be time to enjoy the amenities? Would there be enough activities for my kids to enjoy? Could I get my kids to slow down and relax enough to enjoy the beauty around them?
When we first arrived in Cambridge, Maryland we found the Heart of the Chesapeake Visitors Center at Sailwinds Park that had been highly recommended by Brent, a local tourism representative. It was a glorious way to be introduced to the Cambridge, Dorchester area of Maryland and we will be telling your more about it later. For now, we’re going to brag on the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort and let you know just why you are going to want to travel with your kids there.
When we arrived and made our way to the hotel lobby, my kids were blown away. The building was impressive and inviting. Glass windows called them to get an early look at the view. Statues challenged them for pictures. Schedules of daily activities for kids invited them to play. Hallways said come let us show you the Hyatt Regency.
With time before we could check in the boys wanted to explore while this mom was ready to relax. So we compromised. We went outside to the pool areas of the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort. I found a chair, sank my feet into the lush grass while the boys looked around and played games of corn hole. The resort has multiple corn holes set out on the grass between the pools and the beach.
When our room was available, less than an hour later, we learned of just how much the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort has to offer families. Not only do you have these beautiful grounds to explore but there’s pools, a game room, and more. We have so many favorite moments we’ll have to share them in another story (this link will become active 8/9/2016. In this post we’ll tell you about the resort.
Take a look at what else the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort has to offer.
On the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort property:
You can see pictures of the activities we enjoyed and the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort property in our Facebook album of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort photos.
The following amenities are included with your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort accommodations (unless otherwise noted).
* – Extra fee
- *Camp Hyatt – a full or half day drop off program for kids
- *River Marsh Golf Course
- Walking trails
- Outdoor games such as a life-size chess board and corn hole games
- Beach access ~ There is no swimming at beach due to the presence of jellyfish
- Pools ~ See below for more details
- Frisbee Golf Course
- Mini Golf Course
- Blue Heron Rookery ~ open during a portion of the summer
- Guided Tours
- Special Daily Activities for Kids ~ Some make and take activities do have a fee
- River Marsh Marina
- *Water Activities located on beach provided by Blackwater Paddle and Pedal Adventures. We’ll be telling your more about or incredible kayaking adventure with them.
- Paddle Boat
- Paddle Board
- Hobie Wave
- Jet Skis
- Water skis
- Fishing ~ You can purchase fishing poles and bait on the property or bring your own.
- Fitness Center
- S’Mores ~ The Grand Fireplace is lit up every night for s’more making. There is also a large fire ring near the marina that can be set up for roasting s’mores. Guests only need to make their requests in advance for that fire ring. S’mores kits are available for $5.50 at the Cafe. They include 1 chocolate bar, 8 marshmallows, 2 sticks, and 4 graham cracker packages (each one makes one s’more.) You can bring your own s’more ingredients from home.
- Foot Golf ~ Monday evenings. Foot Golf is like playing golf, but requires kicking a soccer ball not putting in a golf ball.
- Captain’s Parlor Game Room ~ Free games include ping pong, air hockey, and shuffle board. Arcade games are also offered and can be played by purchasing tokens. The game room is open 24 hours every day.
- Dive in movies
- *Sago Spa & Salon
Take a look inside our room at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort.
Our video tour of our Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort suite
We all loved the room! Of course, we didn’t spend much time in it with so much to explore at the Hyatt. But when we did the boys and I had plenty of room to unwind from the day and get ready for the next one. They also loved sharing their daily video reports on Facebook. You can see them here.
My boys absolutely loved the bunk beds. In fact, they thought these were so awesome my 3 boys fought over which two should get to sleep in them. Since we were there two nights, we did some taking turns.
Our Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort petite suite included:
- 1 king-sized signature Hyatt Grand Bed®
- A bunk bed. The top bunk has guard rails on both sides.
- 2 TVs with several family friendly channels. One was located facing the kids’ bunk bed. The other was opposite the king size bed on a dresser.
- A closet with luggage rack, robe, flashlight and additional bedding
- Ceiling fan
- A dresser
- Telephone with nightstands on both sides of the bed
- Iron with ironing board
- A bathroom with KenetMD™ bath amenities and a standard size tub with line for hanging swimsuits to dry
- Coffee Maker
- MiniFridge (Pick up some cereal, milk, and lunch items for your visit and you’ll cut down on some of your meal expenses.)
- Radio with docking station
- 2 chairs
What you should know if you stay at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort
- The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort is located at 100 Heron Blvd, in Cambridge, Maryland.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- The Hyatt Regency has many onsite dining options. From ordering poolside to sit down restaurants to a small cafe with affordable grab and go options. Click over to learn more about dining at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay.
- Consider a meal at either Rock Lobstah or Kay at the Airport. Both restaurants, we will be telling you more about.
- Visit VisitDorchester.org for a list of restaurants within driving distance.
- Bring food with you and take advantage of the minirefrigerator to create your own easy breakfast and lunch options.
- Plan to swim at the pool. With 3 beautiful pools you are not going to want to miss out on them.
- All three pools are within the same area making it easy to go between them. Their depths range from 3 to 5 feet. There is a significant amount of seating available at each pool. We didn’t have any trouble finding room to sit.
- The indoor pool is located at the end of a wing and is rectangular in shape. It’s 3-5 feet with plenty of lounge seating available. This pool is open first and remains open late into the evening. The first hour and last hour of pool time is reserved for adult lap swim.
- The outdoor infinity pool runs 3-5 feet as well. There is a rope diving the pool into an area for families and an area for adults. This pool overlooks the beach.
- There is an additional outdoor pool with its own water slide that my kids absolutely enjoyed.
- All of the pools were staffed with lifeguards, but children are not permitted to swim alone.
- There are towels available at the pool. There are also pool noodles, rafts, and other beach toys available for purchase.
- There is an indoor/outdoor hot tub Jacuzzi steps away from the indoor pool. Children 14 and under are not permitted in the pool.
- The indoor pool offers family friendly dive in movies at night.
- Be aware that poolside dining is only available during limited daytime hours.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, guests can make use of the hotel’s baby friendly amenities including Pack n’ Play cribs as well as babysitting services upon request.
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort has plenty of complimentary self parking available. Valet parking is available as well. Special note: the self parking lots are a bit of a walk from the main entrance, so you will want to plan accordingly if you have young children.
- High speed wireless internet access is available for at no additional fee.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort site for rates and availability.
To view more Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
We hope you agree a stay at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort can be a great way to enjoy an outdoor family vacation in the Cambridge area of Maryland. When you visit make sure you tell them Jersey Family Fun sent you.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Cambridge, Maryland series or Visit Dorchester for help in planning your family vacation to Cambridge, Maryland. Visit TripAdvisor to find the latest deals for the Hyatt Regency Cambridge.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.
In full disclosure, this post was made possible by Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort in Cambridge, Maryland. We were provided with a complimentary room. These things were arranged so that we could review this Cambridge Maryland resort for its family friendliness. Our opinions are honest and based on our experiences. If you use our link to make a purchase/reservation, a small commission does go to Jersey Family Fun to support our free services to readers, but this does not affect your price.