This is not a sponsored post.
Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex featuring Imagination Station Playground – Morris County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
If you are looking for a park for the entire family, including the dogs, this is the park for you. Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex is a beautiful site with more than enough activities to keep the family busy for the day. Imagination Station playground is a star attraction on this complex which provides hours of fun for children of all ages. This park also features a lake for swimming (membership required) and fishing as well as numerous sporting fields. For the exercisers in the group, a walking/running/biking path that weaves through gorgeous scenery is also available. Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex is a popular site for carnivals, fundraisers, birthday parties and everyday picnics.
3 Reasons my family loves Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex
- Reason 1: Imagination Station!! Also known as “Rocket Ship Park” in my house by my 4-year old, this playground offers hours of fun for children of all ages. I have been bringing my children to this site for the past two years, and their eyes light up each time we pull into the parking lot. The “Tot Lot” is perfect for supervised children ages 2-5 years old, but I have also found it a delight for children younger. My 19 month old loves climbing through the tunnel, swinging in the infant swing, and sliding down the slide. My 4-year old loves the wooden train and play house. The area for older kids looks like a wooden ship adorned with paintings of various sea creatures. There is also a large wooden rocket ship (hence my son’s nickname) that the children can climb and play in. The playground has an abundance of activities for kids including several slides, ropes/net courses and a tire swing.
- Reason 2: Great for walking, running and bike riding! Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex features a 1/2 mile walking path as well as a 1.7 mile paved bikeway/walking/running path. These courses are perfect for exercising; however, they are also great for moms walking their infants to sleep in their strollers, taking the dogs for a stroll, or going on a romantic walk with your loved one. Another wonderful use for the paved path is to teach your son or daughter how to ride a bike. I have seen dozens of families bring their child’s shiny new bike or old beat up tricycle to first learn to ride or practice what they have been taught at home. It is a wonderful bonding experience to watch and/or be a part of.
- Reason 3: Perfect for play dates and family outings! Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex has beautiful open space to lay a blanket and have a picnic. It also has numerous picnic tables and benches to enjoy a packed lunch with family and friends. Imagination Station is a perfect place for play dates and moms’ groups to meet. It has picnic tables within its fenced in area so families can enjoy a snack or lunch while taking a quick break from playing.
What Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex offers
- Lighted basketball courts
- 2 Volleyball courts
- 4 Softball/Baseball fields
- Several soccer fields
- 40’x80′ pavilion available for large group gatherings
- Designated swimming (Horseshoe Lake Beach) and fishing areas
- 1/2 mile walking path
- 1/7 mile paved bikeway/walking/running path
- 2 playground areas with slides, swings, tunnels, climbing ropes and nets, musical area and more
- Picnic tables and benches
The Horseshoe Lake Recreation Complex is located at 72 Eyland Avenue in Succasunna in Morris County. This is a free park and playground; however, there is a fee for the beach membership.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.