New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week's events and this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstrations
May 8 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on May 8, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on May 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on May 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Here are more fun activities in Holmdel, New Jersey.
Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstrations
Throughout the year, Historic Longstreet Farm hosts different demonstrations for all to see!
When is the Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstrations?
Demonstrations are held on different dates and times throughout the month. Continue reading for the demonstrations and dates!
Where is the Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstrations?
- The event will be held at Historic Longstreet Farm.
Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstration Activities
- Yarn Bee – Saturday, May 1 from 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- Whether just starting a new hobby or working on an old project, all are welcome to this gathering! The relaxed atmosphere means no pressure – you can knit or crochet at your own pace, and farm staff will be on-hand to assist those needing a little extra help. Bring your own supplies.
- Cost: $5.00 Per Person Per Session (cash or check only)
Appropriate for ages 10 and up, under 18 with an adult.
- Embroidery Demonstration – Saturday, May 8 from 1-3 pm
- View the lost art of applying decorative designs with a needle and thread. Be inspired by the various stitches and embellishments to create a beautiful piece of clothing or decoration for the home.
- Accordion Melodies of the 1890s – Saturday, May 15 from 1-3 p.m.
- In the mid 19th century the accordion became a favorite of folk musicians. Enjoy the melodies during your visit.
- 19th Century Woodworking Demonstration- Saturday, May 22 from 12-3 pm
- Take pleasure in observing the carpenter demonstrating his mastery of woodworking using an assortment of traditional carpentry hand tools.
Admission fees for the Historic Longstreet Farm Demonstration
- Admission is FREE for most programs! Yarn Bee has a cost of $5/person.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with these events. We list these New Jersey events as a free public service to our readers and New Jersey municipalities or organizations.