We received the Zingo! Word Builder game at no charge, to review from
ThinkFun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to
share with families information about family games we think your family may enjoy.
Zingo! Word Builder Game
This fast-paced version of Bingo with an educational twist was truly a delight to our family. We love playing games together and never miss our weekly scheduled family game night. Board games always top our birthday and holiday lists and we are always on the hunt for a new game to play. Zingo! Word Builder was the perfect educational and fun game for my kindergartener.
This fun, interactive game encouraged my son to review basic sight words as well as learn new words by building them himself. He loved sliding the Zinger and quickly grabbing the letter tiles before I could. He had a blast building three letter words and reading them aloud. As a former kindergarten teacher, I liked the game’s goals of improving spelling, word recognition, letter sounds and consonants/vowels. With two levels of play, it’s a great game for both beginner and more advanced readers. This is definitely a game that will aid him in kindergarten and beyond. Zingo! Word Builder is a great game to pass on to his sister and for me to use in the classroom. This was our first time playing a Thinkfun game but I know it will not be our last!
Key Features of the Thinkfun Zingo Word Builder Board Game
- 2 to 6 players
- Grades K-2
- Includes 1 Zingo! Zinger, 72 letter tiles, 6-double sided Zingo! cards and Learning Guide (with ideas for other ways to play)
- Two levels of play
- Builds vocabulary and teaches spelling patterns
What we love about the Thinkfun Zingo Word Builder Board Game
- The variety of letter tiles create hours of educational fun as many words can be formed (making each game session different than the time before)
- Plastic tiles and game boards highlight vowels in red, making it easy for beginning readers to distinguish between vowels and consonants
- Two levels of play for beginner and advanced readers make this a game that will encourage reading practice from K-2 grade
- The Zinger is fun to slide and easy to use
- Instruction manual and Learning Guide provides tips on how to use the game as a learning tool
- Easy cleanup as you can reload the double-sided tiles in the slots of the Zinger (as well as store tiles when not playing)
- Simple assembly and no batteries required (was ready to play with right out of the box)
I absolutely love toys that encourage learning and this game does not disappoint! We are constantly looking for games that are fun, durable, educational and have the ability to keep my children engaged. I was excited to have an opportunity to review this game and I am eager to recommend it to other mothers and teachers. Now I know what games to buy next and we will definitely be checking out the Thinkfun site as his sixth birthday approaches.
For more information on toys and products that inspire playtime, visit http://www.thinkfun.com/
You can buy the Zingo! Word Builder Game ($19.99) and other Thinkfun games from the Thinkfun website, Jersey Family Fun’s Amazon Toy Shop, from Amazon and other retailers.