I hope you enjoyed reading Part I and II of planning a Winter ONEderland Party, a winter themed birthday party. In this final chapter, I will explain the great first birthday party activities I planned out for the children for our winter-themed birthday party.
Keeping guests, especially children, entertained throughout an entire birthday party is always a challenge. I took a lot of time and thought into what I wanted to have available. When deciding on first birthday party activities, it is always important to keep the following in mind:
- The age range of the children
- How many children will be attending
- What kind of space you can provide for the activities
- How difficult will the clean up be
- And of course will it be FUN?
For Trevor’s Winter ONEderland First Birthday Party, I decided to start with a fun crafts table. We made a cute sign saying “Winter One-derful Crafts” and set up 2 small tables with all the supplies on them. Here is what we provided for the first birthday party activities :
- Foam snowmen and snowflakes
- Glitter glue
- Crayons and markers
- Bowls filled with foam stickers
- Regular holiday stickers
Since most of the children were under the age of 5, I wanted to stay away from crafts that involved cutting or dumping glitter all over the table. As you can see in the picture, even children over the age of 5 enjoyed the crafts. They made great decorations, ornaments and additional party favors.
The second activity was my personal favorite of the day. After dinner had been served, and the children were finished with their crafts, we set up the same tables for Cookie Decorating!
Here is what I included for cookie decorating:
- Various shaped sugar cookies (made ahead of time of course!)
- 3 bottles of squeeze icing (less messy)
- 3 bottles of colored sugar to sprinkle on the cookies (red, blue and green)
- Red and green M&Ms
- White chocolate, peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- Candy white and green Christmas trees
Each child was given a plate and asked to choose a cookie. Luckily, the parents helped the children decorate their cookies. Surprisingly, there was very little to clean up afterwards! The children had so much fun making and eating the cookies. It was a big hit!
Trevor’s Winter ONEderland Party was a complete success! All the guests had an amazing time, and although the details were great, my little birthday boy was the star attraction. I hope you have as much fun as I did creating your Winter ONEderland Party!!