This post about Windham Adventure Park was made possible by Windham Mountain who hosted us for a media stay. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New York ski resorts we think families will enjoy.
During our past stay at the Windham Mountain resort, we learned a bit about the Windham Adventure Park. It’s filled with amazing activities that will make your winter weekend stay at the mountain even better. While we stayed midweek, when the adventure park was closed :(, we know any family is sure to have a great time with all these activities.
Awesome Ways to Spend a Winter Day at Windham Winter Adventure Park
Windham Adventure Park activities (other than skiing) are open Friday nights, Saturdays and Sunday in season.
- Skiing! Windham Mountain Resort offers so many skiing trails and options for learning. There are group lessons, private lessons, and more for children to seniors, from beginners to more advanced. Skiers and riders can find 285 skiable acres and 54 trails over two peaks, 6 terrain parks and 12 lifts. Their snowmaking team covers 275 acres, 97% of our terrain, with a deep base of snow pretty much 24/7 create the best surface conditions possible. Learn about how Windham Mountain Resort makes snow in their Snowflake Factory in this video.
- Snowtubing! Tubing at Windham Winter Adventure Park offers 6 lanes down a 650 foot hill! It’s great for almost all ages – if you can get in and out of the tube you’re good to go. Families up to 6 members can tie together and tube at once, or why not race? No recent snow – no problem. Snowmaking happens on the tubing also. Two hour session $20 with more options available.
- Zip Line. Go 40 feet up and 500 feet across on the Wyndham Adventure Park zip line! The feeling of flying on the suspended cable is such a thrill. For 80 pounds and up only, weather dependent. $10 for one zip, $15 for two.
- Ice Skating. Strap on some skates and hit the outdoor rink next to the tubing park at Windham Adventure Park. The whole family can join in! Skate rentals available, and rink is weather dependent. $10 to skate, $5 rentals.
- Kids Snowmobile. What kid wouldn’t want to drive around on their own Arctic Cat snowmobile? Take a spin or many around the oval track – for riders 120 pounds or less, and 6 years and older. $10 for 5 minutes, includes helmet and instruction.
A family could have such a great time at Windham Adventure Park. These adventures are unique and memorable. Why not have your own adventure? We’d love to hear about your own experiences and favorite parts of Windham Mountain.
What Windham Adventure Park adventure would your kids most want to experience?
You can learn more about Windham Adventure Park on their website, windhammountain.com. For more help planning your family’s visit to the Catskills and your Catskills family vacation, please visit our series or click over to Eat, Stay, & Play in the Catskills. The Great Northern Catskills of Green County is also a great resource with more information on Catskills lodging, attractions, dining, and more. You can visit their site at www.greatnortherncatskills.com.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to the Catskills series.
In full disclosure this post was made possible by Windham Mountain, who hosted Jersey Family Fun for a stay, but as always all opinions are our own.