Did you know that National Doughnut Day is Friday, June 7?
I never thought my love of cupcakes could be surpassed, however doughnuts are becoming fast competition. In addition to the traditional cake, Boston Creme, and jelly doughnuts, new flavors are being introduced such as Key Lime, Nutella, and even Maple Bacon (which I can attest is really good). From Dunkin’ Donuts which dominates the tri-state area for these tasty delicacies to the local and independent shops that offer their own creations, a doughnut flavor exists for everyone and Friday June 7, you can get a doughnut for FREE.
The first Friday in June has been National Doughnut Day since 1938. It was created as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army and in Chicago it still is used as a fundraiser for this organization. It is meant to raise awareness for the social programs offered by the Salvation Army and to commemorate the “donut lassies” who are women that in addition to providing various supplies to soldiers also served them coffee and doughnuts on the front lines during World War I.
Friday, June 7 stop into one of the locations listed below and get your free doughnut.
Where to Get Free Doughnuts on National Doughnut Day 2019
- Dunkin’ Donuts (check your local store): Get a FREE classic Donut with the purchase of any beverage!
- Krispy Kreme: Get one free donut of any variety, no purchase necessary.
- Duck Donuts (Clark, Middletown, Green Brook, Medford locations) Attend the Sweet Summer Beach Bash and enjoy a FREE classic (bare, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar) donut for attending!
- Top That Donuts (210 Ocean Avenue, Point Pleasant) All children 10 and under will be receiving a free donut on national donut day.
- Purple Glaze Donuts (516 Summerfield Avenue, Asbury Park) One free donut with purchase.
- Broad Street Dough Company (2005 Route 35 North, Oakhurst) Get one free doughnut with any order.
- Main Street Donuts, Belmar will be offering a FREE chocolate glaze vanilla donut topped with rainbow sprinkles with every purchase.
So whether you are a traditionalist or a culinary daredevil, stop into one of the above vendors for a breakfast treat.
What is your favorite doughnut?