Do you have family members coming from out of town for Thanksgiving? Will you have more people in your house than you know what to do with? Are you worried about them being bored or worse getting on each other’s nerves?
We’ve got 10 ideas for entertaining guests on Thanksgiving. Because with all of your family in one place why not take advantage of that and have some extra special fun.
Thanksgiving Day Family Activities
- Create a family tree – Work together with family members and see how far back you can go.
- Interview each other – Use the opportunity to interview older guests about their past. What stories can they share? What was Thanksgiving like when they were a child?
- Create crafts together.
- Play Thanksgiving Day games.
- Make a memory book. – Each family member can write a favorite memory down and the book can be passed around for years.
- Take out favorite video games or board games.
- Thanksgiving Day Scavenger Hunt
- Intergenerational baking
- Just Dance off those extra calories and boredom.
- Play “name that baby” – Use old baby photos and try to name who goes with each picture.
- Take photos together. – How many times do we say we wish we had a picture of this family member or that, or even the family all together.
What ideas do you have?