In 2017, my family and I kicked off our Christmas a little sooner than we typically did. It had been a year of changes for us and there’s nothing to lift your mood like holiday lights and decorations! We hadn’t ever visited Hersheypark at Christmas time and we decided to visit opening weekend of Christmas Candylane. The timing was perfect, as our schools were closed for teacher convention so we had all day Friday to travel. The ride was under 3 hours from our New Jersey home which was reasonable even for my children who aren’t fans of the car.
Fast forward to 2021 and I am so ready to return with my boys to Hersheypark for Christmas Candylane. The memories we made on our last visit are so dear to me and I’ve been wanting to make some new ones with my kids. We missed it last year and I can not wait to visit Hershey during Christmas this year!
This post about Hersheypark Christmas Candylane was made possible by Hersheypark who, as part of our Sweet Families partnership with them, provided us with admission to Hersheypark at no charge and an overnight stay at Hershey Lodge. We’re sharing current details, with past pictures, and videos from our visits to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane, a great Christmas family vacation or getaway for your family.
This year not only are we updating the details but we are giving away family 4-packs of tickets. There will be TWO winners! The ticket giveaway has ended.
At this time of year, nighttime is the right time for Hersheypark. While the over 5 million lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane and Hershey Sweet Lights are like nothing we’ve ever seen before. We really enjoyed getting to know Hershey at Christmas and I’m excited to see what’s new with the addition of Chocolatetown. Visiting at Christmas has been one of my favorite times to visit Hershey.
This year there will be new Hershey Christmas experiences to have as there’s Chocolatown and other new attractions.
After the experiences we have had at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane in the past it’s clear to see why celebrating Christmas in Hershey has become a tradition for so many families. While we won’t be able to go till it’s closer till Christmas this year, we are updating our information to reflect the Hersheypark Christmas Candyland activities for 2021.
11 Ways to Experience Hersheypark Christmas Candylane in 2021
Snap a photo!
Recharge your batteries; clear out your photo memory. You are going to want to take family pictures with the Hershey candy characters, Santa, the lights, photo props, and probably much much more. You may even get your family’s Christmas card photo!
Go for a WILD or a mild ride.
Wildcat, Candymonium, sooperdooperLooper, Wild Mouse, Laff Trakk and Cocoa Cruiser are open during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane (weather pending). We love Laff Trakk and we all did it twice on our last Christmas visit! View here to see which rides are scheduled to be open during Christmas at Hersheypark.
Tip – if you enter at park opening go right to Laff Trakk and you won’t have a line. Most of Hersheypark’s family and kiddie rides were in operation when we went. We certainly found enough open rides to fill a day at Hersheypark.
Walk the park
Walk the park, especially the Hollow to take in the more than 5 million holiday lights there are in Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. Again, have that camera ready.
Share a s’more
Share a s’more with someone you love. You’ve never seen s’mores like the ones you’ll see at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. A $5 bill can get you a large s’more on a graham cracker or a chocolate chip cookie. For the inside of your s’more you can choose from a regular Hershey bar or a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Decorate a Christmas Cookie Decorate a Christmas Cookie. Also for an added fee, head to the Cookie Workshop by Kissing Tower Hill. You’ll get a yummy Christmas tree shaped sugar cookie and more sprinkles and icing than you’ll need but is it really ever enough? Be sure you save room to eat it too!
Play with Santa’s elves
Spend some time playing with Santa‘s elves. Elves at the Santa experience at Hersheypark are the most interactive Elves around. Laugh at some jokes. Take some pictures. Play a quick game. Sing a Christmas song together. The elves at Hersheypark are up for some fun with kids.
Say hello to Santa’s reindeer
Visit with Santa’s 9 reindeer at Santa’s Reindeer Stables. What a treat it was to see Santa’s reindeer resting before their big day. We were there at feeding time and enjoyed watching them interact with each other and their handler.
Share your wish list with Santa
See Santa at Hersheypark through December 24 when he makes his way back to the North Pole.
Go ice skating!
Go ice skating. The ice skating rink at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is perfect for younger skaters. Skate rental is $3 per person per day. It’s not your typical rink size but is large enough to spend some time skating with your kids. And who would think you could say you ice skated at an amusement park?
Watch the Christmas Shows
See the Show! In 2017 the Music Box Theatre offered The Enchanted Journey. We were so impressed by the talent in this show! The costuming, the dancing, singing, it’s all top quality. We loved the story too – the nutcracker allergic to nuts? The “sour” candy girl? You definitely want to take a break from the rides and lights to see this show. The 2019 offering is “The Littlest Tree.”
Check out the view of Hershey!
Check out the view! The Kissing Tower is a must do at Hersheypark. Unfortunately, it’s temporarily closed.
Make sure you check it out to see the view of the surrounding area in the fall – it’s pretty different than what you see in the full bloom of summer!
Visit with the Kisses Fountain
Visit with the iconic Kisses Fountain decked out in its holiday best.
Stay late to see shimmering lights
Stay late enough to see the lights really glimmer and view the nightly NOEL light and music shows. NOEL features more than 250,000 lights dancing to classic holiday tunes. Light shows begin every 30 minutes after 5 PM and cycle through 4 different shows. Our 2016 Hersheypark Noel Video shows a portion of one show.
Visit TREEville At The Boardwalk
The Boardwalk section of Hersheypark will host a festive trail of 12+ trees that reflect the history and feeling of Hersheypark. Even better, it’s interactive! There will be a photo scavenger hunt that earns you a complimentary treat when complete. Available starting December 3.
Taste the sweetness of Hershey’s Chocolatetown
You can’t leave Hersheypark at Christmas without experiencing the sweet options at Hershey’s Chocolatetown. If you haven’t been this is a chance to discover all-new dining experiences: The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio; Milton’s Ice Cream Parlor; and The Sweeterie Confectionery Kitchen. If you’ve been Christmas is a great excuse to revisit. Great news, The Chocolatier now accepts reservations.
Shop till you drop
Not only does Chocolatetown mean the addition of fabulous new places to eat and get a treat, but it also means there are more places to shop for your favorite Hersheypark souvenirs and gifts.
Hersheypark Christmas vacation packages and offers
Cookies From Santa Package
Book a getaway filled with a festive itinerary of holiday fun including FREE milk & cookies, daily admission to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane® , and 2 nights of deluxe accommodations at The Hotel Hershey.
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Camping Package
Plan your Christmas getaway and enjoy the fun of camping at Hersheypark Camping Resort® plus coaster rides, 5 million twinkling lights, and family time at Hersheypark!
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 1-Day Package
The whole family will enjoy deluxe accommodations, a delicious breakfast, 1 day Hersheypark Christmas Candylane tickets, and Sweet Lights admission all in one convenient package.
Book One Night, Get One 50% Off
Save big on a 2-night stay Sunday – Thursday in The Sweetest Place On Earth®! Enjoy a getaway packed with sweet experiences. Claim offer by using code: SAVE50.
You can book all of these packages through the Hersheypark website.
Are you ready to experience a Hersheypark Christmas?
What you should know before you visit Hersheypark Christmas Candylane.
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is the name Hersheypark takes on for its holiday season activities.
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is open on select dates through January 2, 2022. Regular admission is $47.95 when purchased online and includes admission to ZooAmerica. For operational hours and dates visit www.Hersheypark.com.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of the Sweet Preview. Just present your ticket the evening before your visit and enjoy extra time in the park. Guests of Hersheypark resorts can enter after 6:30 pm and all other guests can enter after 7:30 pm.
- Use the Hersheypark app to find out exactly which rides are operational during your visit, as well as wait times.
- Hersheypark Chocolate World is open late and year round. When we visited it was open an hour past Hersheypark. Admission is free as is the ride to learn how chocolate is made. The food court inside is a great option for dining anytime of the day. Timed entry passes are required for 2021.
- If your kids love hot chocolate purchase the refillable cup and drink free all day, and pay just $1 for refills on future visits to Christmas Candylane.
- Hersheypark is very accommodating to those with food allergies and you can learn more about that here.
- Check Hersheypark’s schedule for the most up to date information regarding the times of shows and special activities.
- It can get very cold. Make sure you and your family are dressed warmly and that everyone has a hat and gloves.
- A visit to Hershey at Christmas is not complete without a visit to Hershey Sweet Lights.
- Click over to visit the official Hersheypark website.
- Click over to learn about sweet places to stay near Hersheypark.
We loved the experiences we had at Hersheypark. What Hersheypark Experience would you like to have? Would you love to see photos from our past visits?
- View more of our 2017 Hersheypark photos in our Facebook Gallery.
- View more of our 2016 Hersheypark photos in our Facebook Gallery.
Ready to win tickets to Hersheypark?
One lucky family will win a family 4 pack of tickets to Hersheypark. The tickets expire on Jan 2, 2022.
Jersey Family Fun’s Hersheypark Ticket Giveaway Details
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- Hersheypark is in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to visit Hersheypark. The tickets will be sent by email. The tickets are ONLY good for one visit during the 2021 season.
- The winners are responsible for his/her own travel and parking costs during an event.
- This giveaway will end Saturday, December 4, 2021 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have 24 hours to claim your tickets after returning our email. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Hersheypark series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.