People all around the country are busy gearing up for the “Big Game” on February 3, 2019. Some people watch for the football, some for the commercials, and some for the halftime show.
But what if your family is just not that into football?
You either miss out on the parties and excitement or you are stuck watching something that doesn’t interest you. I may have an alternative for you- The Puppy Bowl! On Sunday, February 3, 2019, Animal Planet will be airing “Puppy Bowl XIV.” The Puppy Bowl is an adorable competition between two teams of puppies up for adoption. The puppies are put onto a mini football field and given a bunch of toys to play with. Touchdowns are scored when a puppy picks up a toy and carries it into their endzone. And the cuteness doesn’t end there. The Puppy Bowl game also features a kitten half time show, doggie tailgaters, chicken cheerleaders, “Meep” the live tweeting parrot, and hamsters flying overhead in a blimp. The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet has become an event to look forward to in our house and we go all out. Here are a few steps to throw your own Puppy Bowl party.
4 Ways to Enjoy The Puppy Bowl with Kids
1. Get “puppy” themed party supplies
- We bought some dog dishes from the dollar store and use them for our snacks during the game. As an affiliate for Amazon, we also discovered a great collection of dog bowl dishes for kids. The Skip Hop Baby Zoo Little Kid and Toddler Melamine Feeding Bowl is one of our favorites on Amazon.
2. Plan your menu
- Think of puppy-or dog-themed snacks to serve at your party. Here are a few ideas to get you started: hot dogs, corn dogs, kibbles and bits (Chex mix, trail mix, or any other snack mix), cookies or Rice Krispie Treats shaped like dog bones, Snausages (pigs in a blanket). You can also make dog print snacks with this 6 Cavity Dog Paw Non-Stick Food Grade Silicone Cake Pan Baking Mold we also found on Amazon.
3. Dress up and decorate for the occasion
- My kids like to dress up in cheerleader outfits and pom poms to help cheer on their favorite dog.
- Decorate the house with banners, paw prints, or dog bones. We found some cute puppy party decorations on Amazon too.
4. Pick your favorites and enjoy the Puppy Bowl game
- We always pick a team and favorite dog to root for throughout the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
- During the Puppy Bowl you can vote for your choice for MVP on their website.
One of the best things about the Puppy Bowl is that it’s actually on earlier in the afternoon so you can still enjoy the Super Bowl afterwards. The Puppy Bowl will air on the Animal Planet channel Sunday, February 3, 2019, at 3:00 pm and then repeats will run through 1 am.
Jersey Family Fun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This does not affect the pricing.