Are you looking to make better use of the Warren County Libraries?
Did you know there are so many Warren County Library Events for kids?
No matter what age your children are, there is something for them at your local library! Some libraries in Warren County offer daily events, and some are weekly, or even monthly. Just stop in! Some library websites aren’t maintained daily, and your library might do a better job posting signs than posting online. If you aren’t sure, call to find out how often their sites are updated and how to best communicate with the library branch itself.
Reasons to Visit your Warren County Libraries
- Learn more about reciprocal borrowing privileges through PALS Plus. PALS Plus includes a group of public and academic libraries located throughout New Jersey. Members share library and computer resources.
- Does your child just HAVE to have the next installment of the series they’re reading? Don’t run to Barnes and Noble before you check out your reciprocal privileges!
- Free or nominal cost events which allow your children to learn while enjoying themselves. Many of these programs give your children an opportunity to delve into a new learning area or find a significant area of interest. No Warren County Library Events when your kids are available for them? No problem! Stop in for a book, CD, or of course a DVD. Exposing your children to the benefits of the library can inspire a love of reading and strengthen their resource skills. Let your children learn to use the computer to find books that appeal to them and let them check out books that they may not have ever seen.
- Libraries fit your budget! Free books, CDs, and often time movies, along with ebooks and audiobooks can help those with a limited entertainment budget. Did you know the Warren County Libraries even have video games? Children can try games before deciding if they need to add them to their home collection.
- Have a preschooler at home and need to fill the days? Libraries offer story times, crafts, and even yoga. See below for what some Warren County libraries offer!
What you need to know about the Warren County Libraries
- There are 5 branches in the Warren County Library System. Each branch has a unique history as well as a unique set of programming that is an asset to individuals as well as families.
- Listed below each library is a small selection of events/programs they offer. There’s a lot more to choose from so be sure to check our Calendar of Events link at the bottom of the page to see more.
- Some events may be limited to residents so call ahead if you’re unsure. Some also require preregistration.
- If your library doesn’t offer a program you’d be interested in, speak up! Most libraries have a Friends of the Library group that might be able to fund a program or event.
- Libraries offer plenty of adult programs too so take some time for yourself and join a book club, knitting club, or attend an author lecture.
The Warren County Library System Locations
- The Headquarters Branch was only recently moved into its new home on Shotwell Drive. Prior to its current home, it was located in what is known as the Blair Estate. With inadequate room, County Freeholders worked to create the new building with two floors of opportunity including an amazing children’s section that boasts thousands of books and DVD’s.2 Shotwell Drive, Belvidere, NJ 07823 (908) 475-6322. Click over to view the Warren County Library Main Branch events for kids.
- The Northeast Branch, located in Hackettstown opened in its current location in 2011. This branch has over 6,000 cardholders as well as over 100,000 materials to loan. The goal of this branch is to offer something for everyone and be the community focal point, gathering those on the eastern part of the county together to celebrate their love of learning. 40 US Hwy. 46 West Hackettstown, NJ 07840 (908) 813-3858. View the Northeast Library events for kids.
- The Franklin Branch is unique as it is located in the Warren County Technical School. The librarians here practice their craft working with people of all ages as well as those working in a school setting. The dynamic site continues to grow its selection of books, DVD’s, Video Games, Magazines, Newspapers and ebooks. 1502 Route 57 Washington, NJ 07882 (908) 689-7922. Click over to see the Franklin Branch Library events for kids.
- The northern most branch is the Catherine Dixon Hofmann branch located in Blairstown. This location has a few extras that others do not including an Ellison Machine, a quiet reading room and a children’s play area. The Catherine Dixon Hofmann branch has been serving the county since 1995 in its current location. 4 Lambert Road, Blairstown, NJ 07825 (908) 362-8335. Click over to view the Hofmann Library events for kids.
- The fifth and final branch of the library isn’t as traditional nor is it as easy to access. Our County Library System has a Bookmobile. The bookmobile travels the community trying to reach those who are homebound or unable to enjoy the opportunities that the branches have to offer. Be sure to look for the bookmobile and local events and festivals.