This is not a sponsored post. This post was originally published in August 2013, but has been recently updated.
Warinanco Park – Union County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Warinanco Park
- The pedal boats are $10 for an hour, and can fit up to four people. It’s a great way to get your exercise for the day, and a nice float on the pond!
- Warinanco Park offers two playground structures on either end of the park. When you’ve done it all on one, move to the next! And new for Summer 2015, there’s an updated playground and new spray ground with 100 jets! The spray ground is across from the boat house.
- The only partially enclosed ice rink in Union County is located in Warinanco Park. It’s open seasonally and offers skate lessons and other special events. As of Summer 2015, a major expansion and upgrade is planned.
What Warinanco Park offers
- Warinanco Park has a small lake, on which you can ride a pedal boat! I took my two children alone and we got around just fine, for about 35 minutes. Cost is $10/hour, and hours are 12-5 weekdays, or 11-6 on weekends and holidays. Boats are available until October 31. Life jackets are provided.
- Warinanco has many interior paths. We found a picturesque tree lined one that offered shade and benches for resting. Great for those sunny hot days.
- When the weather gets too cold for outside activities, the park offers an indoor ice skating rink.
- We saw many fishermen, soccer games, picnics and bike riders. Warinanco offers fields and picnic groves.
- There are two large playground structures here, one near the ice rink and another with a sprinkler area. Bored with one? Bike or scoot to the next one!
- While we visited, a community service project was working to beautify the shore of the pond, by creating a wildflower garden and eventual path through the flowers. Good things in store for Warinanco!
Warinanco Park is located on the borders of Linden, Roselle, and Elizabeth in Union County. There’s an entrance at the traffic light at St. Georges Avenue and Park Avenue.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Warinanco Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.