Veteran’s Memorial Park at Glen by the Bay – Atlantic County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons My Family Loves Veteran’s Memorial Park at Glen by the Bay
- There are two separate jungle gyms at Veteran’s Memorial Park, situated close enough to each other that parents can watch the younger and older children at the same time, while they all play on age appropriate equipment. Veteran’s Memorial Park sometimes goes by the name Dinosaur Park because of the purple dinosaur on the playground equipment. Children climb up the steps of the dinosaur to play or can find a dinosaur skeleton underneath his body.
- The park is located on South New York Road (Route 9) on the Absecon/Galloway border. This is a very busy road, but all of the playground equipment is set way back off of the road.
- Trees around the Veteran’s Memorial Park jungle gym area offer lots of shade, and plenty of benches surround them. Caregivers can relax while still keeping an eye on the kids.
What Veteran’s Memorial Park at Glen by the Bay Offers:
- A large jungle gym
- A small jungle gym
- Several different slides, all different styles and sizes
- Rock wall climber
- Lots of shaded areas, especially around much of the jungle gym area
- Lots of areas to climb
- Monkey bars
- Picnic tables near the jungle gym area
- Mulch around jungle gyms to provide a soft surface
- Port-a-potties on site
- Soccer fields and a baseball diamond
Things to know before you go to Veteran’s Memorial Park…
- Veteran’s Memorial Park at Glen by the Bay is located near the bay. Depending on the season or time of day, it can be “buggy” in this area. Bring bug spray just in case!
- Much of the jungle gym area is shaded by trees… sometimes areas can be sappy or covered with leaves, also depending on the time of year. I try to bring a towel when I take the kids, so I can wipe off any areas that may need it.
- Galloway sporting events take place at the soccer fields and baseball diamond, so depending on the day and time, there may be games happening during your visit
- Parking is available right outside the fence by the playground, or closer to South New York Road, next to the soccer fields.
Veteran’s Memorial Park at Glen by the Bay is located at 636 S. New York Road in Galloway.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.