This is not a sponsored post.
Van Saun Park – Bergen County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Van Saun Park
- We just love that we can spend the whole day here. With 146 acres this park offers a variety of activities sure to please the entire family. Between playing on one of the playgrounds, having a picnic, riding the train and taking a twirl on the carousel we can spend hours at Van Saun.
- Location, location, location! This park is located close to several major highways and popular malls. It is in the heart of Bergen County and a short ride from just about any of the surrounding towns. We love to meet up with friends and family at this park as it is relatively easy to get here.
- My kids just love the multiple play areas. The equipment is multi-aged, spread out and large in size. They love to run from area to area and never seem to get bored. The ADA accessible playground is a great addition especially for families that have children with special needs or in our case friends who can now join in the fun.
What Van Saun Park offers
- Multi-use pathway/Bicycle – Pedestrian Path-Winds through Van Saun County Park ( 1.5 mile trail)
- Bergen County Zoological Park (fee)
- Historic Washington Spring Garden
- Miniature train ride through park and outer edge of zoo ($1.50 per child)
- Pony rides (fee)
- Millennium Carousel ($1.50 per child)
- Walden Pond (Fishing (NJ State Fishing License Required)
- ADA accessible playground
- 4 different Multi-age playground equipment areas
- Toddler play area
- 10 Slides
- Monkey bars
- Rock walls
- Swing set areas (baby swings, ADA swings as well)
- Sand boxes
- Picnicking – pavilions, 3 with electric
- 3 Athletic fields – soccer, baseball, softball (permit needed)
The Van Saun Park is located at 216 Forest Avenue in Paramus, Bergen County. For more information click on their site
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.