We’ve been blogging about Home Depot Kids Workshops since 2012. This blog post is updated frequently.
Home Depot Kids Workshops: Free and Fun the First Saturday of the Month!
Are you looking for free, creative, and fun? You don’t have to look further than your local Home Depot and their Kids Workshops. From race cars to boats to desktop calendars, Home Depot offers different Kids Workshops the first Saturday of the month for children ages 5-12. You can drop in between 9 – 12 pm and have your kids create that month’s project. While Home Depot requests the Kids Workshop attendees register online, they have been very welcoming to us when we have forgotten. It is absolutely worth checking out this month!
At Jersey Family Fun, a lot of the writers’ kids have grown up participating in these Kids Workshops at Home Depot. We loved knowing we could always look forward to a fun free way to entertain the kids and keep them busy on the first Saturday of the month. While other stores have stopped doing programs like this or implemented a fee, Home Depot continues to keep these kids events free.
10 things to know about the Home Depot Kids Workshops and why we love it so much!
- Free and fun the Kids Workshops are for children ages 5-12.
- Home Depot Kids Workshops are offered the first Saturday of the month at your local store between 9 am – 12 pm.
- All children keep their craft, receive a certificate of achievement, a workshop apron (for new attendees), and a commemorative pin.
- Home Depot staff are there to assist with the projects.
- This is first come, first serve. The apron and workshop kit is given to those who arrive earlier so there may not be sufficient supplies towards the end of the workshop.
- Children need to be present at the store to participate in the workshops.
- At some stores, paint is offered for each project so it might be best to dress the kids for mess.
- Registration for the Kids Workshops is available online and is requested to ensure that there is sufficient supplies for all the attendees.
- Finished projects can make great gifts for grandparents, godparents, or other relatives.
- For summer months, it is recommended to wear sunblock in case the workshop is being held outside.
Make sure to register for the workshops on the Home Depot’s website.
Upcoming Home Depot Kids Workshops Dates
All Kids Workshop attendees must be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.