Ho ho ho! If you are looking to get great Santa Claus pictures in New Jersey, have we got a listing for you.
The photo of the kids on Santa’s lap – it’s almost a parental requirement right? Maybe your kids just can’t wait to tell him their list, maybe they won’t go within 10 feet of him. What’s for sure is you’re going to see Santa in LOTS of places this season. We’ve compiled this list of places to get Santa Claus pictures in New Jersey so that this year you can keep with the traditional or go for the unique. There are so many fun ideas for local Santa photos from donut shops to airplanes. Keep reading and mark your calendar and of course, don’t forget your list!
To have your New Jersey Christmas events with Santa or Santa events advertised on this listing, please contact Jenniferauer@jerseyfamilyfun.com.
5 Traditional Places to Get Great Santa Claus Pictures in New Jersey
Stop while you shop for Santa Claus photos at these New Jersey Malls and Shopping Centers
It’s the classic way to get your wish to the North Pole, right? You’re shopping for presents and there’s the big guy, sitting there waiting to listen. Mall Santas today are very different from the past, with walk through adventures and reservations, but the feeling your kids will get is the same one that you did when you whispered your list to him. Check out special hours for children with autism, pets, and fun clothing themes.
North Jersey malls and shopping centers that offer Santa photos
Bergen County Malls with Santa Photos
- The Shops at Riverside – The Shops at Riverside Santa is available daily except Sundays and Thanksgiving Day. Fastpass reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at The Shops at Riverside on November 9. F
- Pet photos with Santa: November 26 and December 3.
- Paramus Park Mall – The Paramus Park Mall Santa is available daily except Sundays. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Paramus Park Mall on November 9.
- Pet photos with Santa: Mondays until December 17.
- Westfield Garden State Plaza – Santa info will be released November 1, 2018.
- Bergen Town Center – Bergen Town Center’s Santa will be available daily except Sundays and Thanksgiving.
- Santa arrives at Bergen Town Center on November 15.
- Pet photos with Santa: Tuesdays until December 18.
- Sensory-friendly/ Autism-friendly Santa: November 17.
Essex County Malls with Santa Photos
- Livingston Mall – The Livingston Mall’s Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Livingston Mall on November 9.
- Pet photos with Santa: 12/9.
- The Mall at Short Hills -Santa’s Flight Academy is open daily. Registration is suggested.
- Santa arrives at The Mall at Short Hills on November 8.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 11.
- Sensory Santa: December 2
Hudson County Malls with Santa Photos
- Newport Centre Mall – The Newport Centre Mall’s Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Newport Centre Mall on November 2.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 18, December 2 and December 9.
Morris County Malls with Santa Photos
- Rockaway Townsquare – The Rockaway Townsquare Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Fastpass is available.
- Santa arrives at Rockaway Townsquare on November 2 with arrival on a firetruck!
- Pet photos with Santa: December 2 and December 9.
- Caring Santa available by appointment on December 9.
Passaic County Malls with Santa Photos
- Willowbrook Mall – The Willowbrook Mall Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Willowbrook Mall on November 10.
- Pet photos with Santa: Mondays from 5 PM – 8 PM until December 17.
Union County Malls with Santa Photos
- The Mills at Jersey Gardens – The Mills at Jersey Gardens Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Fastpass is available.
- Santa arrives at The Mills at Jersey Gardens on November 9.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 18 by appointment.
- Caring Santa available by appointment on December 2.
Warren County Malls with Santa Photos
- Phillipsburg Mall – Waiting on 2018 updates
Central Jersey malls and shopping centers that offer Santa photos
Mercer County Malls with Santa Photos
- Quakerbridge Mall – The Quakerbridge Mall Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Quakerbridge Mall on November 9!
- Pet photos with Santa: November 18 and December 9.
- Caring Santa will visit December 2 reservation required.
- Santa arrives at MarketFair on November 23. More details to follow!
Middlesex County Malls with Santa Photos
- Brunswick Square Mall – The Brunswick Square Mall Santa is available daily.
- Santa arrives at Brunswick Square Mall on November 10.
- Sensitive Santa visits December 3.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 25.
- Menlo Park Mall – The Menlo Park Mall Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Fastpass is available.
- Santa arrives at Menlo Park Mall on November 2.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 11 and 18, December 2 and 9. Fast pass available.
- Caring Santa on November 18, December 2 and 9, appointments needed.
- Woodbridge Center – The Woodbridge Center Santa is available daily. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Woodbridge Center on November 9 and a his arrival parade is November 15.
- Pet photos with Santa: Mondays until December 17
Monmouth County Malls with Santa Photos
- Freehold Raceway Mall – The Freehold Raceway Mall Santa is available daily. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Freehold Raceway Mall on November 9th.
- Pet photos with Santa: Mondays in November. Reservation suggested.
- Monmouth Mall – The Monmouth Mall Santa is available daily. Fastpass is available.
- Santa arrives at Monmouth Mall on November 8th. Fastpass available!
- Pet photos with Santa: November 26, December 3 and 10.
- Caring Santa December 2 and 9.
- Jersey Shore Premium Outlets – The Jersey Shore Premium Outlets Santa is available 1pm – 4pm on Saturday and Sundays from Thanksgiving through December 23
- Santa arrives at Jersey Shore Premium Outlets on November 28.
Somerset County Malls with Santa Photos
- Bridgewater Commons – The Bridgewater Commons Santa is available daily. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Bridgewater Commons on November 9!
- Pet photos with Santa: Monday 5 – 8 PM until December 17.
South Jersey malls and shopping centers that offer Santa photos
Atlantic County Malls with Santa Photos
- Hamilton Mall – The Hamilton Mall Santa is available daily.
- Santa arrives at Hamilton Mall on November 10 with a parade and tree lighting.
- Pet photos with Santa: Mondays.
- Sensory Santa is available December 2 and 9, appointments recommended.
Burlington County Malls with Santa Photos
- Moorestown Mall – The Moorestown Mall Santa is available daily.
- Santa arrives at Moorestown Mall on November 10.
- Pet photos with Santa: Monday nights November 12 until December 17 .
Camden County Malls with Santa Photos
- Voorhees Town Center – The Voorhees Town Center Santa is available daily.
- Santa arrives at Voorhees Town Center on on November 16 with a parade.
- Soft Santa available December 2 and 9.
- Cherry Hill Mall – The Cherry Hill Mall Santa is available daily. Fastpass available for purchase.
- Santa arrives at Cherry Hill Mall on on November 10.
- Pet photos with Santa: available every Monday!
Cumberland County Malls with Santa Photos
- Cumberland Mall – The Cumberland Mall Santa is available daily.
- Santa arrives at Cumberland Mall on on November 10.
- Pet photos with Santa: available every Monday!
Gloucester County Malls with Santa Photos
- Deptford Mall – The Deptford Mall Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations are available.
- Santa arrives at Deptford Mall on November 7.
- Pet photos with Santa: Sundays in November.
Ocean County Malls with Santa Photos
- Ocean County Mall – The Ocean County Mall Santa is available daily except Thanksgiving. Reservations available.
- Santa arrives at Ocean County Mall on November 2.
- Pet photos with Santa: November 11 and December 9. Fast pass available.
- Caring Santa visits November 18 and December 2, by appointment only.
Other New Jersey shopping areas that host Santa include farmer’s markets, flea markets and holiday craft fairs.
- Collingswood Flea Market in Wall/Farmingdale New Jersey hosts Santa December 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th.
- New Egypt Flea Market in Cream Ridge hosts Santa every Sunday from 10 AM – 2 PM.
- Berlin Farmer’s Market in Berlin offers Santa visits Thursday-Sundays throughout December.
- Asbury Park Holiday Bazaar is in the historic Convention Hall where Santa awaits your visit. Bring a toy or gently used coat and receive a free print of your Santa photo.
- Cowtown Farmer’s Market in Pilesgrove will have Christmas at Cowtown on December 22 featuring visits with Santa.
Make a fun local attraction more fun at these New Jersey family attractions with Christmas attractions
At Jersey Family Fun we are always encouraging families to get out and enjoy, and some of our favorite New Jersey attractions will host Santa as well. Why not say hi to the big guy while you ride a roller coaster, see some animals, or even drive a tractor.
- Sahara Sam’s will be hosting Santa for breakfast and a swim every Saturday in December. Find out more in our calendar of events listing
Santa loves iPlay America and will be there waiting for you starting November 23 and weekends through Christmas. Find out more in our calendar of events listing.
- Six Flags Great Adventure Holiday in the Park begins November 17 and will be open weekends and select days through January 1. Santa will be available for visits until he has to return to the North Pole!
- See our article about our past Holiday in the Park visits.
- Enjoy the lights at Turtle Back Zoo and visit Santa. Find out more in our calendar of events listing.
- The Cape May County Park and Zoo hosts Santa’s Family Workshop on December 8th, where you can visit with both Santa and Mrs. Claus! You can also get a wave from him at their Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 30.
- South Jersey’s favorite amusement park for the little ones, Storybook Land, welcomes Santa on November 17! He’ll light the tree at 5 PM every operating night then be available for visits in his house at the park.
Feast with Santa Claus at these New Jersey Meals with Santa
Santa loves pancakes, did you know? He also loves pizza, bagels and Mexican food – share some with him when you enjoy a meal with Santa (and maybe some other special guests) at one of these New Jersey locations. We have found over 75 for 2018 all across the state and adding more as we find them. If your little ones want a more relaxed visit with Santa than waiting in line in a store or mall, distracting them with yummy food could be the way to get that great photo!
Click over to find our complete listing of meals with Santa in New Jersey.
Ride a Train with Santa Claus in New Jersey
There’s just something special about seeing Santa on a train. I can’t find the words, maybe it’s nostalgia, but my heart gets all fluttery when I see Santa pull into the station on a train. Across New Jersey kids can have Santa photos on a train. Last year, Santa Claus rode on a freight train into Freehold, another train through Red Bank, the Patco trains through South Jersey and more. For a listing of New Jersey Christmas trains click over to read All Aboard these New Jersey Christmas Train Rides.
Find a New Jersey Christmas event with Santa near you.
There are so many New Jersey Christmas Tree lightings & New Jersey Christmas Parades across the state. Maybe you’ll find a new location by checking our lists below! Bundle up and get your hot chocolate and of course, say HI to Santa while you’re there.
North Jersey Christmas Events
- Bergen County Christmas Events
- Essex County Christmas Events
- Hudson County Christmas Events
- Morris County Christmas Events
- Passaic County Christmas Events
- Sussex County Christmas Events
- Union County Christmas Events
- Warren County Christmas Events
Central New Jersey Christmas Events
- Hunterdon County Christmas Events
- Mercer County Christmas Events
- Middlesex County Christmas Events
- Monmouth County Christmas Events
- Somerset County Christmas Events
South Jersey Christmas Events
- Atlantic County Christmas Events
- Burlington County Christmas Events
- Camden County Christmas Events
- Cape May County Christmas Events
- Cumberland County Christmas Events
- Gloucester County Christmas Events
- Ocean County Christmas Events
- Salem County Christmas Events
Want a different kind of experience when you take your Santa photos in New Jersey this year? Try these New Jersey locations offering unique Santa Photos.
Get Unique Santa Photos in New Jersey at these local businesses
Go to Santa Claus’ home.
Is that even possible? Can we take our kids to visit Santa’s residence without leaving New Jersey? Apparently, we can! Check out these New Jersey towns that have transformed their parks into the North Pole or Toy Workshop for Santa pictures.
- Visit Santa’s house and Mr. Claus at Memorial Park in Van Neste Square in Ridgewood. He’ll be there every Saturday and Ben and Jerry’s serves hot chocolate! Find out more in our calendar event here.
- Santa Land in Denville is a fan favorite! He arrives November 30 and will greet visitors daily. Read about our past visits here.
- The Christmas Festival on the Morristown Green offers crafts, train rides and of course Santa, every weekend in December. Find out more in our calendar event here.
- Boonton’s popular Santa Land returns for 2018 and you can visit the big guy on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from November 25th on! For more information visit our calendar event here.
- Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday Santa can be found in Pitman’s Ballard Park. For more information check out our calendar event here.
See Santa Fly!
Have your kids ever wanted to see Santa Claus fly? Across New Jersey Santa visits airports and museums flying in not with his sleigh, but in helicopters and airplanes. Take a look at where you can go in New Jersey for these unique Santa pictures.
- Last December, The Aviation Hall of Fame of New Jersey welcomed Santa Claus as he circled the museum in a helicopter before landing and greeting visitors inside the museum. Check back here soon to see if he’ll return this December.
- Santa Claus will fly in to Solberg Airport’s festival November 24th, 2018, more in our calendar event here. Last year he landed at the Princeton Airport on Christmas Eve and he plans to do the same in 2018.
Visit with Santa at the Farm
Are there farms at the North Pole? Maybe that’s where the magical Christmas trees grow? Well the North Pole has nothing on these New Jersey farms that will host Santa in 2018.
- Abma’s Farm in Wyckoff hosts Santa Friday November 23, and Saturdays November 24 – December 8.
- Santa of course wants to check in on the Christmas tree farms, and he’ll be at Stonerow Tree Farm in Branchville on Saturdays in December from 1 PM – 3 PM.
- Lazy Susan Tree Farm in Robbinsville hosts Santa in a Christmas playhouse, each weekend.
- The man in red will visit family days at Keris Tree Farm & Christmas Shop in Allentown on December 1, 2, 8 and 9.
- Spruce Goose Christmas Tree Farm in Chesterfield will host Santa on November 25 from 1PM – 4PM.
- Terhune Orchards in Princeton welcomes Santa December 1, 2, 8 and 9.
Join Santa in the Great Outdoors!
From the farms to the parks. Santa loves nature and
- Rancocas Nature Center hosts Santa Quest on December 9. For $21/family go on an outdoor quest to find Santa who is helping to prevent forest fires. Pre registration required.
- Sandy Hook’s Christmas Celebration welcomes Santa to Fort Hancock on December 16. Find out more in our calendar event here.
- Longstreet Farm in Holmdel welcomes Santa for a Victorian Christmas the weekend of December 22 and 23. Find more in our calendar event listing.
Ride Santa Ride
- In North Jersey’s Morris County get a picture with Santa on his Harley motorcyle. Garden State Harley-Davidson on Route 10 in Morris Plains is your place to go December 8, 15 and 16. Find out more in our calendar of events link here.
- He’ll be at Williams Harley Davidson in Lebanon for photos on December 8th and 9th, $12 fee supports the MDA.
- It sells out quickly but Santa hops on the NY Waterway Ferry out of Belford for a scenic ride past the Statue of Liberty. Check out the Middletown website for more information or any last minute tickets!
- See him chuga chuga choo choo on a freight train into Freehold on Saturday December 15 at 12 PM at the Freehold bus station, courtesy of Freehold Borough PBA 159.
- Then ride the train WITH Santa and make sure he gets to the Red Bank Tree Lighting! Board the train in Little Silver November 23rd at 6:40 PM and enjoy a ride with bagpipers and dancers!
- PATCO’s Santa’s Silver Sleigh is a fun ride on December 2nd. The train is decorated, Santa visits all the riders and you end up in Philadelphia where there is SO much Christmas fun to be had! Find out more in our calendar event.
Skate with Santa
Santa lives at the North Pole so of course he knows how to ice skate! He can roller skate too. He’s got to work off all those cookies, right? In New Jersey, this December kids can not only get Santa photos but they can also skate with Santa. Many New Jersey skating rinks will host Santa Claus for a visit this holiday season, here’s some we know about for 2018.
- In Middlesex County, December 15 at the Woodbridge Community Center ice rink. See if he wears hockey skates or figure skates!
- In Somerset County, Santa will feel right at home in the Bridgewater Sports Arena Ice Rink! He will strap his skates on Saturday December 22nd and some special guests will join him (we hear the Grinch is an excellent skater!)
- Santa’s skating in Ocean County too! On December 15 strap on some skates at Ocean Ice Palace in Brick and do some figure 8s with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and more.
- Winterfest Ice Skating at Cooper River hosts Santa from December 20 – 24.
- The Flemington Ice Arena hosts Santa for some fun on the ice on December 23.
- Santa returns to the newly renovated Warinanco Ice Arena in Roselle on December 2 – tickets available by presale only!
- Reverse skate with Santa or just roll around with him at Deptford Skating Center on December 14. Pizza buffet included!
Craft with Santa
- Top That Donuts in Point Pleasant Beach invites you, and Santa, to create a holiday craft and of course, eat a donut (or a few). He’ll be there on December 8 for 3 seatings, and reservations are needed!
- Last November, we also learned of Santa Claus visiting ceramic studios to help kids with their crafting projects.
More details coming soon on additional opportunities to create and craft with Santa.
Swim with Santa
Does Santa know how to swim? Sure Santa knows how to swim! In fact, he loves any opportunity to splash around and play in the water just like our own kids do. Last year, Santa took time to swim with kids at Sahara Sam’s and a few YMCAs.
- Sahara Sam’s offers Breakfast with Santa and he’ll stick around for a swim! He’s available every Saturday and Sunday through December. Find out more in our calendar event here.
- Goldfish Swim School of Middletown opens up their pools for Santa on December 14.
- Hunterdon YMCA hosts a Winter Wonderland on Thursday November 29th and Santa will be doing the butterfly and backstroke with guests! See more in our calendar event here.
- On December 16 Santa dives in at the Westfield YMCA, reservations required, and on December 7th he’ll be at the Cumberland Cape Atlantic YMCA for a dip in their pool.
Play Ball with Santa
- While he may not exactly be fielding grounders or hitting home runs, Santa will be at the Breakfast with Buster at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood on December 8th. More information can be found in our calendar of events listing.
- He’ll also join the Somerset Patriots, Slider and Sparky Lyle for their annual toy drive on December 8th, more in our calendar of events listing here.
A few more unique ways and places to hang with Santa for photos in New Jersey
- Looking for a more outdoorsy experience? If you haven’t visited the Atlantic City Bass Pro Shop’s Santa Wonderland this is a great time for a visit. Santa will be there from November 10-December 24. There’s also FREE games, crafts, and activities that celebrate the season. Check here for schedule.
- Dearborn Market’s Holiday Festival includes photos with Santa, wreath making, hot chocolate bar and Christmas trees for sale. Check here for schedule.
- A Jersey Family Fun reader favorite is Santa at Dambly’s Garden Center in Berlin! He is popular so tickets may sell out but he’s available Friday, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season.
Check out our 5 Tips for a Great Santa Photo