This post was sponsored by the Roebling Museum who provided us with complimentary admission. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey Day Trips we think your family may enjoy.
The Roebling Museum in Burlington County, NJ.
We recently visited the Roebling Museum on a beautiful Saturday. It was our first time at the museum and we were unsure of what to expect, but boy were we glad we took the trip. The Roebling Museum had the right mix of fun and learning to make the day great for both adults and children.
What My Kids Loved About the Roebling Museum:
- On the day we visited, there was a really fun family craft scheduled. We made a family photo album and were able to print out photos for inside the album right there. The kids really loved painting and decorating the covers as well as pasting the pictures inside. It came out beautifully and it’s a great keepsake for our family.
- There were cool little models and figurines spread throughout the museum. It was a perfect way to get them to learn some historical information while they checked them out. They were genuinely interested and wanted us to read to them the description of what the models were about.
- The outdoor portion of the museum is a huge fenced-in, grassy area. After behaving so well and checking out all of the exhibits inside, they loved to stretch their legs and run in the grass while we saw the outdoor area.
The kids loved working on their family photo album.
What I Loved About the Roebling Museum:
- All of the displays were extremely pleasing to the eye. With tons of pictures, enlarged quotes, and model displays, it wasn’t just a typical museum layout. It really encouraged the kids to ask questions about what they were seeing.
- The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It’s clear the staff loves telling visitors the history of the Roebling Museum and they did a great job of explaining it to both children and adults.
- The family craft was a perfect way to get the kids to warm up to the museum and to get excited to see the other things in the museum. It was an added bonus to see the kids working so well together on their album.
One of the many eye-catching displays at the Roebling Museum.
The Roebling Museum’s mission exhibits the history of John A. Roebling’s Sons Company, the Roebling family, and the village of Roebling. It is located at 100 Second Avenue, Roebling, NJ 08554 in Burlington County. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and children 6-12, and free for members and children under 6. For operating hours, special events and programs, please visit their website.
To see more Roebling Museum photos from our visit, please visit our Jersey Family Fun Facebook photo album.