Where can I trade in Halloween candy in New Jersey?
It’s a question many parents may wonder. While some kids love collecting candy, others enjoy the thrill of the trick or treating, but not so much the candy.
For my own boys it’s a bit of both. They love love love collecting Halloween candy. Up until last year, I was able to convince at least 2 of my boys to leave their Halloween candy for the switch witch. But this year I think they are on to me. I’ll need to come up with a new plan to help them avoid eating so much Halloween candy. So while we’ve always advised you where you can go for New Jersey candy exchanges, this year I’ll be using this list for my own needs.
Why do kids trade in Halloween candy?
- Some simply don’t like candy.
- Some are too young for candy.
- Some kids have food allergies that make it unsafe for them to have candy.
- Some kids have health conditions like diabetes that require them to limit the amount of sugar they have.
- Some like cool treats, rewards, and prizes better than candy.
13 Places to Trade in Halloween Candy in New Jersey
Regardless of your reason for wanting to exchange your Halloween candy we wanted to make it as easy as possible to do so. We’re rounding up places where kids can trade in Halloween candy in New Jersey. Keep checking back for updates.
No more disappointment when the trick or treating brings sugary or restricted treats!
Boscov’s Candy Exchange
One of the most popular New Jersey Halloween Candy exchanges we’ve been telling you about for years happens at Boscov’s stores. See what New Jersey Boscov’s locations are doing for kids who can’t have all the sugary treats they get on Halloween.
How does the Boscov’s Candy Exchange works?
- Boscov’s offers a Halloween Candy Exchange to give a special treat to children with diabetes or food allregies ages 14 and younger. Starting now, register your child before October 31 to bring in their Halloween candy to exchange for a $10 Boscov’s gift card for shopping in store for a toy, game,or other treat.
- All candy must be exchanged between Friday, November 1, 2019 and Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Which Boscov’s in New Jersey can I trade in Halloween candy?
- 6725 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
- Deptford Mall, 1750 Deptford Center Road, Deptford, NJ 08096
- Voorhees Town Center, 6001 Voorhees Town Center, Voorhees, NJ 08043
- Monmouth Mall Rt 35 Eatontown Circle & Wyckoff Eatontown, NJ 07724
- Moorestown, Moorestown Mall, Route 38 & Lenola Road, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Toms River, Ocean County Mall, 1201 Hooper Ave, Toms River, NJ 08753
- Vineland, 100 Cumberland Mall, Vineland, NJ 08360
- Woodbridge, Woodbridge Center 441 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Register for the Boscov’s Halloween Candy Trade In events at the courtesy desk at your local store.
5 New Jersey Halloween Candy Trade In Events
- Newton-Sparta Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
- This dentist office will allow children to trade in Halloween candy from November 1 – 3. For every one pound of Halloween candy traded in children can receive $1, up to $5.
- The office is located at 11 Lawrence Road in Newton, New Jersey.
- You can contact them at (973) 300-0002 for more information.
- My Children’s Dentist Professional Corporation
- This North Jersey Halloween candy trade in location is at the My Children’s Denist Professional Corporation office. They will allow children to trade in Halloween candy on November 2. For every one pound of Halloween candy traded in children can receive $1, up to $5.
- The office is located at 134 Belvidere Avenue in Washington, New Jersey. (Warren County)
- You can contact them at (908) 835-3500 for more information.
- Loew & Patel Orthodontics
- This dentist office will allow children to trade in Halloween candy on November 1st in Flemington and November 4th in Annandale.For every one pound of Halloween candy traded in children can receive $1, up to $10. $1 per pound will also be donated to charity.
- The office is located at 1465 Route 31 in Annandale, New Jersey.
- You can contact them at (908) 782-7626 for more information.
- Turner-Wood Dental LLC
- This dentist office will allow children to trade in Halloween candy on November 4th. For every one pound of Halloween candy traded in children can receive $1, up to $5.
- The office is located at 500 Mullica Hill Road in Glassboro, New Jersey.
- You can contact them at (856) 881-5080 for more information.
- Dentistry For Children
- This dentist office will allow children to trade in Halloween candy on November 5th. For every one pound of Halloween candy traded in children can receive $1, up to $5.
- The office is located at 382 W Passaic Avenue in Bloomfield, New Jersey.
- You can contact them at (973) 338-1383 for more information.
Remember there’s always the Switch Witch!
On Halloween night, your kids can leave their Halloween candy for the Switch Witch. As the kids sleep, the Switch Witch takes the candy and leaves behind presents and surprises. Therefore ‘switching’ the treats for something the kids will like better.
Last but not least. If you can’t find a Halloween candy trade in event or location near you, consider donating the candy to your local food bank or pantry. Many of them will accept and distribute the candy to others.
Need more ideas for a spooktacular New Jersey Halloween?
Let us help you have a great New Jersey Halloween with Our Spooktacular Guide to New Jersey Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids..
Our Spooktacular Guide to New Jersey Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids includes
- New Jersey Trick or Treat Times,
- Best Halloween Events for Kids in New Jersey,
- New Jersey Halloween Attractions,
- New Jersey Haunted Houses & Halloween Displays,
- New Jersey Scarecrow Trails,
- New Jersey Pumpkin Patches,
- and Where Kids Can Eat Free on Halloween.