Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Hershey’s Chocolate World via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey’s Chocolate World or Momtrends.
It’s almost Hershey vacation time!
Vacation planning in my house happen like this. My husband and I chat about where we’d like to go. The kids might chime in. We find some dates that could work based on work commitments and school schedules and then, I do the research for the travel, the lodging, the activities, the dining. I book the dog into boarding, I do the vacation shopping, packing for the kids and myself, and house prep. I make sure someone is keeping an eye on the house, make sure appointments are rescheduled, etc. If kids are missing school, I make all those arrangements too.
My husband comes home from work the day before the trip, starts his packing, and upon realizing that all of the above needs to get done, asks me questions about it all. HELP!
PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME PACK!
For me, the most challenging part of a vacation is the packing. But why stress? A vacation will be a great time whether you have the right color of shoes or everyone’s toothbrush. Some things I’ve learned along the way that have helped with the packing:
Vacation Packing Tips
- Find a great “printable” packing list. If you’re going somewhere specific, the resort may have packing tips.
- Keep a toiletry bag filled with travel needs. Soaps, shampoos, q-tips, sunscreen … this way you won’t have to pack things you’re still using at home.
- Pack your clothing early! Do laundry a week before, and put those vacation clothes away. This way you won’t find the last pair of jeans or leggings in the hamper when it’s time to pack.
- Depending on where we go and the space we have, it’s helpful for my kids to have their own suitcases. While having them pack might mean mostly books/toys/crafts and not enough underwear, giving them ownership of their luggage gets them excited.
- In the words of Elsa – LET IT GO! If you forget the toothbrushes, the hotel will have them. If you forget other essentials, there’s usually a store you can visit along the way or nearby. Few things are truly necessary (if you forget the can’t-sleep-without-it-teddy, you’re in trouble though!).
Chocolate Relieves Stress, Right?
Last June we visited Hershey, Pennsylvania and we definitely forgot things. Most notably, I forgot that there’s a waterpark inside Hersheypark and we had no towels! No stress. We bought towels as souvenirs and we of course still use them today and they remind us of those sweet times we had – no memories of the stress at all! Our favorite part of the vacation though was HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD and the Hershey’s Chocolate Making Tour. It’s is a great way to learn about Hershey and no stress involved. It’s indoors so weather doesn’t affect it, it’s FREE so it’s easy on the budget, and it’s educational so you can feel good about your kids wanting to ride it over, and over, and over … This year the Chocolate Making Tour ride is new! If, like me, you visited a year ago, you’ll want to visit again for another Hershey vacation!
In fact, our own Jersey Family Fun mom, Kimberly was one of the first to experience the new Hershey’s Chocolate Making Tour on her Hershey vacation. You can read about here experience in this blog post.
Who Wants to Win their own family trip with sweet experiences to HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD?
Here’s another way to ease some Hershey vacation planning stress – free tickets! We are excited to give away a family 4 pack of tickets to attractions within HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD. Prize includes:
We’ve told you how to pack for a Hershey vacation and are giving you a day’s worth of activities, now it’s time for you to book that trip! Have fun!
Jersey Family Fun’s HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD 4 Pack of Tickets Giveaway Details
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winners will receive a 4 pack of tickets to attractions within Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- This giveaway will end June 21, 2016. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have 24 hours to claim your tickets by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the
- company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Void where prohibited by law.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.
Save or pin this bookmark to keep following our Family Travel to Hershey Pennsylvania series or visit Hersheypark.com for help in planning your trip.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.