In full disclosure this is not a sponsored post.
Recently I wrote a post about The Franklin Institute’s Target Wednesday program that Target has at the Franklin Institute. One special Wednesday a month the Franklin Institute is free! Of course with a free special day comes some questions. I recently went to check it out and to help you readers prepare for what is a free and fun night with your children. I am a person that loves to be 100% prepared and know what to expect especially on a special free day.
Tips for Attending Franklin Institute’s Free Admission Days
- Parking is only $6 at the parking garage at the Franklin Institute. It fills up quickly! Remember to come early enough so you do not have to play musical chairs with the parking spots. When you enter the parking garage you press the button and receive a parking garage card this tells what time you have entered the garage. Before you leave bring the card to security and they will valid date the card to get the $6 deal. If you do not get your card validated you pay the regular hourly parking!
- You pay for your parking at the kiosk located BEFORE exiting back into the parking garage. Make sure you go to the bathroom and have everything with you before completing this task because you are on a 15-minute timer, you have 15-minutes from the time you pay to time you put the card in the slot to exit the parking garage.
- You have opportunity to watch many different movies or speakers at the Franklin Institute. I suggest you and your family pick only one of these to see. If you make this a monthly family night you will get to see many different things each month. You will not get to see it all in one night and that is okay. It is best to do it in reverse order starting from the top and working your way down to the bottom (opposite the crowd) or watching one of the many movies or shows.
- When you enter Franklin Institute you need to first sign in. If you came in from the parking garage you will go past regular admissions, past the large statue of Ben Franklin, out the front door, and back into the side door on the left. This will lead you right across from the cafeteria and in a large room, there you will stand in line and the associates will take down how many people are in your party and give each one of you a sticker to wear to show that you part of the Target Wednesday community night.
- Since sign ups are downstairs Kid Science is the busiest exhibit! It is the closest location from sign-ups. I would try to leave this for last. There is water at this location as well so your children will get wet there and want to stay a while, you may not be able to get them out of there.
- There are always new exciting things going on each month, some times there are even giveaways. Be on the look out for small carts to fill out your email, address, and/or phone number to enter.
Read more about the Franklin Institute and their schedule free admission days at the Franklin Institute here.