This post was sponsored by Sahl’s Father Son Farm in Galloway, New Jersey, who is an 8-year advertiser with Jersey Family Fun. We’re thrilled to share with you information about Sahl’s Father Son Farm Fall Activities.
It’s fall! Time to play in the hay again!
My favorite thing about the fall has always been playing with my kids in fields of hay. There is just something about it that reminds me of my youth and makes me toss away my concerns and just truly be in the moment with my kids. With that in mind, we are so excited to welcome the fall again with Sahl’s Father Son Farm and tell you about all the fun you must have at Sahl’s Father Son Farm this fall.
Since 2013, the Auer boys and Sahl’s boys have been jumping quite literally into the hay to help us welcome and celebrate the opening of the farm each year.
Life has gotten much busier for my family since 2013. But outdoor play like this is so important and a visit to the farm always rejuvenates me. So despite busy sports and school schedules, we still make the time to get out and enjoy those traditional fall activities as a family. For us around Jersey Family Fun, that means it’s time to return to Sahl’s Father Son Farm for pumpkin picking, hayrides, playing in the corn, and more.
As is the case with every year, we couldn’t wait to get over there to see what new Sahl’s Father Son Farm fall activities Jeremy added and of course take part in some of our favorite returning activities. Now’s the time to get out your calendar and plan for your return visit to the Father Son Farm in Galloway. Once again, Jeremy and his family shifted the farm layout around to make room for MORE Father Son Farm fall activities kids and adults WILL love!
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Corn Maze Designs
After playing in the hay walking through the corn maze is our favorite Father Son Farm fall activity. From the Philadelphia Eagles’ and Phillies’ mazes to Lucy the Elephant maze and the Cape May County Zoo, the Father Son Farm corn maze has a history of taking on a design that pays tribute to our area and South Jersey’s best attractions. This year’s design honors the 50th anniversary of the moonwalk. Time for you to take many small steps through this fun corn maze!
Previous Corn Maze Designs
- 2018 Design – Philadelphia Eagles
- 2017 Design – The Father Son Farm logo
- 2016 Design – Cape May County Zoo
- 2015 Design – Lucy the Elephant
- 2014 Design – Chick Fil A logo
- 2013 Design – Battleship New Jersey
20 Things to do at Sahl’s Father Son Farm this Fall
There is always something new at the Father Son Farm in Galloway. Check out the new things to do at Sahl’s Father Son Farm this fall. Which one do you think will be your favorite?
Watch our video tour of the Sahl’s Father Son Farm.
These Father Son Farm activities are included with admission.
- 8 acre Moonwalk corn maze in three phases with games/activities in each: easy, medium, and challenging
- Solve a Farm Scene Investigation – As you walk around the Sahl’s Father Son Farm corn maze in Galloway keep your eyes open for clues to solve the mystery.
- Play Maize-O-Poly around the corn maze.
- The younger ones can have a race around the Tricycle Track.
- Have a game of Connect Four.
- Bounce Pit full of jumping balls for all ages
- Rubber Duck Races (bring your own or use of theirs.)
- Basketball NEW for 2019
- Hay Rides on hay ride trailers
- Pumpkin Picking ~ Pumpkins in the patch are priced by the size of the pumpkin’s diameter from $2 to $12 each.
- Pedal Cart track
- Farm animals like chickens and goats
- Pig Races see our video of a pig race here.
- Kiddie Koral
- Hay jump
- Corn shed
- Climb to the top of the Tire Pyramid in the Kiddie Koral.
- Sand construction zone and slide
- Trench maze
- Disc toss
- Fun Photo Back Drops
These Father Son Farm activities are available at an additional charge.
Three activities are available on Saturdays and require additional tickets.
- Corn on the Cob Cannon – 3 cobs for $1
- Pony rides will be available for $5 per ride. Tickets may be purchased at the ticket booth or directly from the pony attendants.
- Battle on in a game of Power Poppers ($3 per player).
NEW Special Times to visit the Farm
- Dog Days at the farm – Dogs are allowed at the Father Son Farm on Thursdays and Fridays in October.
- NonScary Flashlight Nights in the Corn Maze – Click our event listing to learn more.
More about Sahl’s Father Son Farm in Galloway
- To learn about Sahl’s Father Son Farm upcoming events visit their events on our Calendar of Events.
- For information on Sahl’s Father Son Farm Admission Rates please visit their site. Sahl’s Father Son Farm accepts cash and credit cards. Visit and follow their Facebook page for promo codes and special discount offers.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Hours
(Now through October 26, 2019)
- Thursdays & Fridays: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday: Open 10am – 7 pm
*Tickets will not be sold after 7 pm; however, the grounds will remain open as late as 9 pm. The Father Son Farm will be open from 10 am – 7 pm on most “no school” days for area school districts.
Father Son Farm Location
Sahl’s Father Son Farm is located at 420 West Pestalozzi Street in Galloway, New Jersey. You can check out our past articles about Sahl’s Father Son Farm to see more reasons why it’s a great New Jersey Farm.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm is celebrating 10 years of life-sized labyrinths in their cornfields and 150 years of farming!
9 random facts about the Sahl family
- Farmer Jeremy and his family currently live on the original Sahl homestead which pre-dates house building records. They have no idea how old our house is.
- One of the Sahl family ancestors was hit by a train . . . and lived.
- The Sahl Family Farm was once a peach orchard. We ALL wish they still had some of those peach trees!
- The Sahl’s took the first step in transitioning away from horse-drawn wagons in 1912 when Joseph Sahl II was given a motorcycle by his parents.
- The Sahl’s were on the cutting edge of agricultural technology when they purchased their first tractor in 1927. It had steel wheels with cleats for traction.
- When the area first established telephone service in 1912, the Sahl’s number was 64A. It cost $15 per year to maintain service through the Egg Harbor City Telephone Company.
- The name “Father Son” in our title refers to Farmer Jeremy’s great grandfather and grandfather, though we would love to pass the name on to the next father/son team that comes along.
- Farmer Jeremy’s father remembers first driving a tractor at about eight years old. He steered the tractor while it was moving about 2 miles per hour while farm hands cut and loaded vegetables into the wagon behind the tractor.
- Farmer Jeremy took over the farm for his grandfather in the early 2000’s. He currently runs the farm in his father and uncle’s stead since both his father and uncle passed up the opportunity for farming to serve as ministers instead.
For more information about the Sahl’s Father Son Farm, a great Galloway corn maze and farm, please visit their website or like them on Facebook. You can see more of our Sahl’s Father Son Farm photos in our Facebook gallery.