Last Monday, we had the pleasure of being the guests of Joey Fortman of Real Mom Media, Ben FM, and Allied Integrated Marketing, to get a first look at the newest MUPPETS movie. I have been waiting to see this since last June when we first learned it would be out this Thanksgiving. Sitting down, each week, to watch The MUPPETS Shows was a family tradition when I was growing up, so I was more than thrilled to get to see this new addition to the MUPPETS movie series and to introduce it to my children.
About The MUPPETS Movie
- Walter, self-proclaimed world’s biggest Muppet fan, and a muppet of sorts himself
- Gary, (Jason Segel), Walter’s brother, human
- Mary (Amy Adams), Gary’s girlfriend, also human
- Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) greedy oilman, aka the bad guy
When Gary and Mary decide to take a vacation to Los Angeles, Walter gets a wonderful surprise to learn he’s going along and will finally get a chance to visit the Muppet Theater. Unfortunately, they all get a not-so-good surprise when they discover Tex Richman’s secret plan to tear down the Muppet Theater and drill for oil. The only way to keep that from happening is if they can find Kermit and his friends, get them back together, and raise $10 million before the deadline.
But where are the MUPPETS now?
- Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets
- Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris
- Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management
- Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate
Can they do it?
Now, you know I can’t tell you and ruin the movie. What I can tell you is that The MUPPETS is a great movie. Just like the show you love, there is lots of singing and dancing that spoofs some of our favorite music from the past. If you grew up with the MUPPETS memories of watching the show will come back. You’ll look over and see your kids shaking in their seat with laughter, like mine, and you’ll laugh too. Along the way, they’ll learn some important lessons.
- One person (or Muppet) can make a difference.
- We all have a talent or something special to offer.
- Working as a team helps make miracles happen.
- Believe in yourself and great things can happen.
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.” Just because 1 person or maybe even 10 say NO doesn’t mean you can’t make it happen.
My favorite MUPPETS Quotes & Lessons
“You don’t let the most important person in your life get away.” – Gary
“Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you just one person.” – Kermit
“You have to believe in yourself because sooner or later that’s who you have to be.” – Gary
Young and old, boy or girl, parent or grandparent, we can all learn from these lessons?
Need more help selecting family friendly movies? Visit Jersey Family Fun’s Family Movie Reviews series.