In full disclosure, this blog post was sponsored by Bedtime Math. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about events we think your family may enjoy.
Did you know every pound of broken crayons can make 5 new 8-packs of crayons?
Bedtime Math is partnering with The Crayon Initiative to launch The Great Crayon Cleanout June 6-10 at schools all across New Jersey, and we’d like your school to be one of them!
Here’s how the Great Crayon Cleanout works:
- Any elementary school in New Jersey can participate (grades K-5 only)
- Kids unearth used, broken crayons from home and at school to save them from the landfill
- Kids will do colorful math in class to count, sort and weigh the hottest crayon colors
- Schools send us their crayons to be recycled by June 10 – we’ll even pay for shipping!
- New crayons will be donated to children’s hospitals in New Jersey
- Top 10 collecting schools will win a grand prize
Not only is this a great way to get kids thinking about numbers, but we’re saving the environment and helping other kids!
Bedtime Math will provide a free kit that guides teachers through the colorful math activities, a copy of the book Bedtime Math: The Truth Comes Out for the school library, and shipping supplies with prepaid postage. Schools can sign up for their free kit at bedtimemath.org/crayons. All registrations must be received by May 13.
Together we will recycle your unwanted crayons into unlimited possibilities, and uncover the math behind it all!
Bedtime Math is a nonprofit that makes it easy to add a little math to families’ home routine – at dinnertime, bathtime, or anytime! We serve up wacky nightly math problems for kids aged 3-9 on our website, email, and free app. Best of all, a new study from the University of Chicago shows that when families do Bedtime Math together, kids’ math skills improve by months.
What color would you love to recycle?
In full disclosure, we were provided with compensation to make this post possible. All information has been provided by the sponsor.