Our Weekends at the Jersey Shore series kicked off in Cape May County with a delicious dinner at Luigi’s Pasta & Vino in Avalon, watching the Friday Night Fireworks in Wildwood (see their calendar for the next scheduled night), an overnight visit to the The Golden Inn, and breakfast at the Seaglass Bar & Restaurant (inside the The Golden Inn.) We’ll tell you more about the meals later, for now we want to tell you about our stay in a The Golden Inn.
It was Friday night of Memorial Day weekend when a few of my boys and I headed down to Cape May County to stay at The Golden Inn. My husband and my friends told me I was crazy to be venturing south on one of the busiest summer weekends. Surprisingly the traffic wasn’t too bad. We made it there in about 45 minutes or so from Atlantic County. We didn’t experience any additional traffic delays. We checked into The Golden Inn and were greeted by a very courteous staff.
Then, we headed up to our room where my always hungry boys were thrilled that The Golden Inn had left them some yummy snacks. As my boys munched on their snacks and enjoyed the balcony, I set forth to make our video. (see below)
Unpacked and hungry, we headed out to Luigi’s Pasta & Vino for a fine Italian dinner (more details on that to come in our What’s Cooking Wednesday series). With our bellies filled we headed back to our room until it was time to leave for Wildwood. That particular night Wildwood was having the kite festival at 9 pm and fireworks at 10 pm.
Onto the room description… The Golden Inn offers a variety of rooms and suites.
Our Standard Room on the 3rd floor featured
- A sofa bed, by day hang out on it to watch a movie with the kids, by night use it for the kids to sleep in.
- 2 queen size bed
- 2 chairs with a small table
- 1 phone
- Minifridge (empty)
- Sink with cabinets
- 1 large 27″ television with family friendly channels available at no additional charge.
- 1 closets
- Balcony with two chairs
- Standard-sized tub with shower
- Clothes line that could stretch across the top of the tub for hanging wet clothes and bathing suits
- Toiletries – Soaps, shampoos, etc
Right on the beach, spacious rooms, and great staff, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend The Golden Inn for your family’s stay at the Jersey Shore.
What you should know if you stay at The Golden Inn
- If you are bringing the kids, request a room with 2 beds or a larger room with a sofa bed.
- For family friendly meals.
- Eat in the hotel restaurants, Luigi’s Pasta & Vino and/or Seaglass Bar & Restaurant (Our reviews are coming soon.) Many of the Golden Inn hotel packages include food vouchers.
- Bring microwavable meals.
- Visit any of the area’s restaurants
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- There are family friendly channels available.
- Babysitting services are available for an additional charge.
- Pack your bathing suits.
- The Golden Inn is steps from the beach. Guests are provided with 2 complimentary beach passes to use on their visit.
- There is a toddler wading pool (1 foot deep) and a regular outdoor heated pool that goes from 3 feet to 8 ft.
- There is a small laundry room at the end of the hall for washing and drying your clothes. Vending machines sell detergent.
- Cribs and rollaways are available by request.
- The Golden Inn offers a parking lot and a small one floor garage. You will be given a parking ticket, to hang from your rear view mirror, when you check in. There is no additional charge for parking. Please note in the evening hours the garage elevator is turned off and you will need to go through the hotel to get through the hotel to get to your room.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the The Golden Inn site for rates and availability.
- Check here for additional information on the property and special discount offers for the Golden Inn.
To view our pictures from The Golden Inn visit our Facebook Gallery.
To watch our videos from The Golden Inn visit our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/jerseyfamilyfun.