The Day It Rained Hearts
By Felicia Bond
This adorable book is written by the same author that wrote the popular book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. This cute and inspiring book is about a little rabbit named Cornelia who catches hearts that are falling from the sky. She takes each heart home and decides which one would be just right for all of her friends in her life and creates unique Valentines out of each one. Cornelia’s personal tradition then continues year after year.
The Day It Rained Hearts book is best for children ages 3-8.
Why I enjoyed The Day It Rained Hearts book
- The illustrations are colorful and cute.
- The words are simple enough for young children to understand and follow.
- It taught a lesson of inspiration by providing an example of how children can create their own unique valentines for the special people in their lives.
Why my kids enjoyed The Day It Rained Hearts book
- My twin boys got a kick out of the fact that it was raining hearts!
- The first time that we read it together, my kids really enjoyed guessing who Cornelia was making each heart Valentine for. We were all pleasantly surprised to find out who the Valentines ended up being given to.
- The Day It Rained Hearts book is short enough that we always have time to read it two or three times in a row!
For your own copy of The Day It Rained Hearts book
- Visit your local New Jersey library to borrow a copy.
- Purchase your own at Amazon.
- Purchase your own at Books A Million.
To learn about other great books check out a Story Time at your local library. We list Story Times in New Jersey on our Calendar of Events.
In full disclosure this is not a sponsored post. The links to Amazon and Books A Million are affiliate links. If you make a purchase Jersey Family Fun will receive a small portion of the sale towards our cost of running Jersey Family Fun.