What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
Is it a favorite recipe you make year after year? Family gathering in the same house to share a meal? Maybe it’s dinner on your grandmother’s china? Or a fun activity that the kids do every year? Here at Jersey Family Fun we love holiday traditions and are happy to share with you some of our favorites Thanksgiving traditions.
- Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade with our families. In New Jersey, we are so lucky to be located to close to two great Thanksgiving Day parades, The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC and the 6ABC Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia.
- Playing board games from the parade time till dinner, the winner of the most games gets the biggest piece of Pumpkin Pie.
- Making a Thankful Tree throughout the month of November and then reading off everything we are thankful for on Thanksgiving.
- Sitting down with a piece of pie and the Black Friday ads after the family has left and the kids are in bed.
- Football, Football and more Football!
- Returning to our hometown to meet up with old friends and their families on Black Friday.
- The return of The Elf on The Shelf!
- Decorating the Christmas Tree on Black Friday.
- Cooking a big Thanksgiving Day breakfast while watching the parade.
What are your favorite traditions?
Whatever your traditions are we hope this Thanksgiving finds you happy, healthy and with full bellies.
Happy Thanksgiving from Jersey Family Fun!