This post was sponsored by The Funplex. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in New Jersey & inside New Jersey Amusement Parks we think your family may enjoy.
The sights, sounds, and flavors of the Jersey Shore comes to Burlington County!
We had the pleasure of attending the opening celebration of the new indoor boardwalk area at The Funplex. The whole inside of the Funplex was revamped. We walked inside and both of my boys couldn’t stop with the wows and the hey mom did you see they have this game in the arcade and that was before even making it to the boardwalk. We made our way to the back of the building to find the boardwalk area and boy were we impressed.
There was a massive expansion, the go-kart track was bigger, there was a tilt a whirl inside, and as soon as the boys saw the new Air Shot ride they took off. It was just like visiting the boardwalk on a summer day. I could smell funnel cake and candy apples coming from the cafe, the sounds of kids playing the midway games and the pop of the balloons as a dart hit one, and giggles as they were all excited running to the rides. When standing in line waiting for the next ride, we loved looking around at the paintings around the boardwalk, they really pulled the theme together and helped encapsulate the feeling of the Jersey Shore.
We had an amazing day, my 12 year old couldn’t wait to try out the go-karts as he was finally tall enough. They didn’t disappoint. He was able to maneuver the car with ease and was all smiles. I was impressed with the safety measures taken on this ride. Not only were their harnesses checked twice but because they are each on a remote controllable device when a rider started to try to get a little aggressive in his driving the ride attendant was able to slow that car down and warn them. When he got off the ride he was all smiles and said he wants to have his next birthday on the Funplex boardwalk so he can ride all day with his friends.
The 14 year old couldn’t wait to go on Air Shot. We rode it 3-4 times before we left for the day. He loved how it felt like you were flying over everyone. I’m not much of a rides person. For me I loved that I could sit back on one of the benches or in the food area and see the entire boardwalk area. I relaxed with a chocolate shake but I was still able to see where my kids were the whole time.
Of course there is so much more to the Funplex than just the boardwalk area, which makes it one of our favorite attractions to visit all year long. There is a state-of-the-art arcade that has games for every skill level and a bowling alley perfect for a day of fun when the weather isn’t cooperating or for a playdate with a group of friends. I love that there is something for all ages whether its the foam frenzy balls or junior bumper cars for younger kids, laser tag and the larger bumper cars for the child just starting on bigger rides or the go karts and air shot for the thrill seekers. We look forward to many more days at the Funplex with friends and family.
Information about The Funplex
The Funplex is located at:
3320-24 Route 38
Mt Laurel, New Jersey, 08054
Funplex Pricing and Specials
There is no admission or parking fees to enter The Funplex, you pay as you play or for the best value purchase wristbands
- $29.00 – Extreme Band (Peak Hours, Sat/Sun & Holidays) Unlimited ALL Attractions PLUS Bowling & Shoe Rental excludes XD Theatre
- $20 – Extreme Band (Off Peak Hours) Unlimited ALL Attractions PLUS Bowling & Shoe Rental excludes XD Theatre
- $20 – Fun Band Unlimited ALL Attractions PLUS Bowling & Shoe Rental excludes XD Theatre AND Go-Karts
- $25 – Early Bird Extreme Band (Sunday 10am-12pm; must be purchased before 12pm, but the wristband is valid all day) Unlimited ALL Attractions PLUS Bowling & Shoe Rental includes (1) XD Theatre Ride
- $25 – Late Night Extreme Band (Saturdays after 7pm & Sundays After 6pm) Unlimited ALL Attractions PLUS Bowling & Shoe Rental includes (1) XD Theatre Ride
- Additional Information about pricing including non wristband pricing and bowling can be found here
The Funplex Attractions
There is something for everyone at The Funplex
- Indoor Boardwalk Attractions
- Newly Redone Electric Go Karts
- Foam Frenzy
- Air Shot
- Fun a Whirl
- Boardwalk Midway Games
- Boardwalk Cafe
- Indoor Attractions
- Bowling Alley
- Bumper Cars
- Jr. Bumper Cars
- 4D Theatre: The Dark Ride
- Lazer Runner
- Motion Simulator
- Arcade with over 100 games including cranes, wizard of oz, racing games, and adventure games
- Food Area – Features, Pizza, Nachos, Salads, Ice Cream, Popcorn and more. My personal favorite was finding apple juice in the fountain drinks section!
- Outdoor Attractions will reopen in the Spring
- Fun Twister
- Fun Coaster
- Bumper Boats
- Free Fall
- Tilt a Whirl
- Mini Golf
- Splashing Speedway and Splashplex opening Memorial Day weekend 2016
- Splashing speedway is a waterpark playground featuring a small pool, water cannons, blasters, and a play structure, Children 6 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult to enter. Must be at least 36″ tall for kiddie slide and 40″ for all other slides.
- Splashplex will feature a larger pool, Four 50 ft water slides, and other water attractions to be announced (We are super excited about Splashplex)
To learn more visit The Funplex website.
To see more Funplex photos from our visit visit our Facebook Album.