Baking fun on a snow day
Recently, we were hit with our first snowstorm of the year. It sure did look pretty but, nobody I talked to was ready for it yet, including the kids. It was to cold to go outside, and then the temperatures warmed up and the snow started melting before we could go outside and make a good snowman. Instead, we brought the snowman into our kitchen and had some fun.
Ingredients for Snowman Cupcakes
- Cake Mix (follow directions for making cupcakes)
- Vanilla Icing
- Gum Drops
- Licorice Strings
- Chocolate Chips (both mini and regular size)
- Candy Orange Slices
How to Make Snowman Cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes and let cool.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, put the vanilla icing on them.
- Cut your licorice so that it looks like the band on earmuffs and place on cupcake. Put a gum drop on each end of the string. Voila you have created tasty earmuffs.
- Place two regular size chocolate chips on the cupcake for eyes, we placed the pointy side into the cupcake.
- Cut the orange slices into triangle pieces, and place on cupcake for the nose.
- No snowman is complete without a smile, take mini chocolate chips and place them on your snowman to create a smile.
These cupcakes are so easy to make and the kids had so much fun deciding on what colors the earmuffs should be, or what kind of smile to give each of their snowmen. Snowman cupcakes would make a great addition to a holiday playdate, a classroom party, or even on the kids dessert table.
What kind of fun treats do you bake on a snow day?