We received the Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game at no charge, to review from Educational Insights. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about toys we think your family may enjoy.
If you have ever tried to play a game with a 3 and a half year old you know it’s never an easy task. Playing a game with a preschooler involves getting them to listen and follow directions which at least in my house are two of the hardest things to get my son to do. Yet my son is starting to love playing games and regularly asks to play games with us, so he was very excited to play The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game. Neither of us was disappointed by this fast paced, fun game.
The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game Includes:
- 40 Acorn Slap Cards
- 40 Sneaky Snacky Dealer Cards
- Dealer Card Holder
- Instruction Guide
How to Play The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
- Separate the “Acorn Slap” card into four piles by color. Place piles face up and within reach of all players.
- Shuffle the “Sneaky Snacky dealer” card, place them in the card holder face down.
- The dealer turns over the “Sneaky Snacky dealer” cards and places them face up. As each card is dealt the dealer say “sneaky” when a sneaky squirrel card is dealt and “snacky” when a snacky squirrel card is dealt.
- When a snacky squirrel card is dealt, all players race to be the first to slap their hand over the pile with the matching color. The first player to slap the correct color card wins that card. It is now the player to the dealers left, turn to deal.
- If a “Double Snacky” card is dealt, players rush to be the first to slap one or both of the matching piles.
- The person with the most acorn cards wins.
It took me a few minutes to figure out the point of saying “sneaky” or “snacky” when dealing the cards but after a couple of cards I realized it adds to the fun and anticipation of the game. My son caught on to how the game is played very quickly and by the second game he was a pro and ready to play all night.
What We Liked About The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game
- The game play is fast moving.
- There aren’t a lot of rules.
- The anticipation of getting a snacky card keeps players on their toes.
- We always laugh when the dealer gets a streak of sneaky cards and must say, “sneaky, sneaky” over and over again.
- Slapping the cards quickly when a snacky card comes up.
- The double snacky cards that give you a chance to double your points.
- Educational aspects such as counting and identifying colors.
- Teaches patient as kids have to wait for a snacky card to play and have to take turns being the dealer.
- No batteries.
- No small pieces.
- No game board.
- Easy clean up.
- Small box makes it perfect for travel.
I have fond memories of family game night as a kid and when I played The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game with my son I was reminded of those memories. As my son and I laughed each time the dealer said “sneaky” and raced to slap the cards, I knew we had found a game that we would both be enjoying playing together.
Click on over to read more about games from our Family Game Night series.