This post was sponsored by Skylands Stadium. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey holiday events and holiday lights in Sussex County we think families will enjoy.
The holiday season is here again and my family is always looking for new ways to celebrate the season. My 7 and 4 year old are crazy for Christmas. They are eagerly counting down to the big day and excited about any holiday activities that we can partake in. That is why when I heard about the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show. I knew we had to check it out. My entire family was thoroughly impressed with the light display and are now making it a permanent part of our Christmas traditions.
About the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show:
- It’s over 1 mile of light displays and holiday scenery in Sussex County with over 2 million lights
- You pay per car, not per child (which works out well for multi-kid families like us!)
- The entire Skyland Stadium light display is drive-through (and its open rain or shine).
- There is an indoor portion called the Christmas Village (admission and parking for the Christmas Village are free).
Tips for visiting the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show:
- Take your time! With so many light displays going on both sides of the road, you really need to go very slowly so that the kids can get a chance to take everything in.
- Bring your camera. The mix of the dark night and the bright colorful light displays shows up beautifully in pictures. And if your kids are anything like mine, they will want to look at the pictures afterward to decide again which Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show display was their favorite.
- Make sure you remind your kids to look out both sides of the car. There is so much going on it’s easy to miss something. I had to keep reminding my son to look out the other side of the car to see something new.
- Make time to stop in the Skylands Stadium Christmas Village. The Christmas Village is full of more light displays, characters like Frosty, Rudolph, and giant Nutcrackers. You can visit with Santa and shop with various vendors. You can play carnival style games and have a snack from one of their food vendors. There are also special guests and performances on select nights.
- Take your time going through the tunnel of lights at the end of the show. It was definitely our favorite part of the light show!
Where is the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show located?Skylands Stadium
94 Championship Place
The Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show Schedule
- December 8 and 15: 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday: 4:30 PM to 11:00 PM
- Sunday through Thursday (December 17 through January 1st): 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve
Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show Ticket Prices
- Monday through Thursday: $17 per car
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: $20 per car
- Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show Discount Tickets are available at the box office during the week and at nearby Walgreens locations.
Check out more pictures of our visit to the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show in our Facebook Album. See a preview below.
Visit the Skylands Stadium Christmas Light Show website for more information.
To have your location featured or advertised on Jersey Family Fun contact Jenniferauer@jerseyfamilyfun.com.