We received this Skylanders toy and homework pack, at no charge, to review.
We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share
with families information about apps we think their family may enjoy.
Do you know which Skylanders Giants is which? Do you understand the game?
Skylanders knows our kids are fascinated with their games, Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants but sometimes with all the characters and powers it can be overwhelming to figure it all out. With this in mind, they created this homework pack, helping you learn what Skylanders is and which Skylanders Giants is which.
It works like this each day you focus on studying 1 chapter. No worries each chapter is only 1 – 1.5 pages. At the end of each chapter your child can quiz you with 5 questions. For each question you get correct you earn one sticker on the chart. Before you know it you’ll be a Skylanders whiz.
What you’ll learn about Skylanders
- How Skylanders is different from many video games
- The benefit of each Skylanders having a brain and memory
- What the Core of Light is and what does it do
- What the element sources do
- Which Skylanders can walk through lava without getting hurt
- The difference between Skylanders Sypro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants and the different series within each
- The weaknesses and strengths of each character and how to use them to your advantage
- Designing your own Skylanders Giant
- How much fun you can have playing video games with your kids
The Skylanders Giants Homework Pack comes with
- A homework booklet for mom or dad
- Monday – History
- Tuesday – Science
- Wednesday – Toy types
- Thursday – Game characters
- Friday – Art
- Weekend – Family Playtime with your kids and Skylanders Giants
- A reward chart with stickers
- Coloring pencils
- Skylanders Giants character cards
What I love about Skylanders:
- I love that it’s a game than encourages my boys to work together on a team. They work together to battle an enemy. In fact, one can not move forward too far without the other.
- It is not bloody, gory, or violent. The characters attack each other mostly using special powers.
- There are challenges that involve problem solving and concentration skills.
- It is one toy they take care of and are excited to collect.
- Learning about the characters and what makes each unique is building their memory skills. If you let them my boys will talk your head off about all the different characters.
- And how can you not love a toy that gets my boys as excited as they were in this video, especially my 4 year old.
I had a lot of fun learning more about these action figures and video game for kids. It’s great to finally be able to understand something that has my kids so excited and eager to work together. Now, we want to give you your own chance to win a homework pack and Skylanders figure.
You can click over to download the Skylanders Giants Homework Pack. (Warning the file is a little large 10.2 MB.) You can also enter our giveaway below for your chance to win.
Want to win a Skylanders Figure and Homework pack for yourself and kids?
Here’s your chance!
Some things to consider before you enter:
- This contest is by no means sponsored by Facebook or Twitter. They are not responsible if you don’t win. No purchase is necessary to win.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive a Skylanders Giants figure and homework pack.
- The winner will be shipped the prize by Jersey Family Fun.
- You must leave a comment as the first requirement of this giveaway. If you do not leave a comment below this post that answers the question asked in the Rafflecopter first entry option, your entries will be invalid. You would not be able to win. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select the winners.
- You have until Tuesday, June 25 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced, Wednesday, June 26, 2013. Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to email@example.com.