It is HOT this summer! It almost seems as if it is hotter than most summers. So when we got the invitation to attend a special media event for the new pool at Six Flags Great Adventure Hurricane Harbor, we didn’t hesitate to say yes. The new pool at Hurricane Harbor is the newest addition to what Great Adventure is offering guests at their 45-acre waterpark. You’ll definitely want to take advantage of it on your next visit. Before you go though, we wanted to share these fun facts and answer the questions we know most parents would want to know.
10 Things to know about the pool at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
What is the name of the pool?
- The new pool at Six Flags Great Adventure Hurricane Harbor and the area surrounding it has been named Calypso Springs.
How much does it cost to use the pool at Hurricane Harbor?
- Use of the pool is included with Hurricane Harbor park admission, membership and season passes.
Where is the pool located?
- The Hurricane Harbor pool is located between the half-a-mile lazy river, Tornado waterslide, and million-gallon wave pool. There is signage around the park. (As of 7/17/19 the Hurricane Harbor map on the website does not show Calypso Springs.) When you cross over the bridge near the changing rooms make a right towards the Harbor Snacks snack stand and the Calypso Springs pool will be up ahead.
How deep is the pool?
- The pool has zero-depth areas and go to 3.5 feet in the deepest area.
How many lifeguards are at the Hurricane Harbor pool?
- We saw 4 lifeguards stationed at the pool.
Where is the nearest bathroom?
- Hurricane Harbor has two sets of bathrooms. Both of them are right before you cross over into the area with waterslides.
Are there shady spots at the pool?
- YES! We sat under one. There were multiple oversized umbrellas in each seating area around the pool in their new pool deck that wraps around the pool. I would say each umbrella provided shade for 15 or more seats.
- Six Flags Great Adventure Hurricane Harbor also offers Bimini shade covers available for rental.
Are their showers nearby?
- There is a shower type fountain on one side of Calypso Springs. We believe there may also be showers in the changing rooms.
Is the Hurricane Harbor pool handicap accessible?
- At this time, it does not appear the pool at Hurricane Harbor is handicap-accessible. There was no visible ADA Adaptive pool lift equipment installed.
Are there lounge chairs available?
- Guests are able to reserve lounge chairs for an additional fee. There are also hundreds of traditional chairs around the pool on each side.
Watch our video of the new Six Flags Hurricane Harbor pool.
Other things to know about the pool at Hurricane Harbor
- The Hurricane Harbor pool holds 100,000 gallons of water! This giant activity pool is Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s largest new attraction since the waterpark opened in 2000.
- There is a unique water feature in the center of the pool. The obelisk-style fountain sprays water in four directions and spontaneously erupts like a geyser.
- There are 4 sides to enter the pool. Two sides have steps to enter. Two sides have zero-depth entries.
- Dining is available poolside at the Calypso Springs Grill.
Tips for visiting Hurricane Harbor
- If your child is a week swimmer or 48 inches or shorter life vests are recommended and available for no charge. They are on the fence between the pool and the Calypso Springs Grill.
- If you aren’t a season pass holder and don’t have a membership call (732) 928‑2000 before you visit. It’s the best way to find out if there are any discounts or promotions available.
- The best days to visit are when Hurricane Harbor will be less crowded. Try weekdays during the summer and any regular operating day during the month of May.
Read more about Hurricane Harbor in this article, Hurricane Harbor ~ Ride, Splash, & Relax at Six Flags’ Water Park.
Hurricane Harbor ~ Ride, Splash, & Relax at Six Flags’ Water Park
View more pictures of Six Flags Great Adventure Hurricane Harbor in this Facebook album.
For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit www.sixflags.com/
To have Jersey Family Fun feature your location or send us an invite to your next event for media, please contact Jennifer Auer at [email protected].