Our Weekends at the Jersey Shore series, this week also, focuses on our overnight visit to the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, a hotel we had the pleasure of getting to know better as part of our Amazing Date Night Giveaway.
The Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel is located at 2 Convention Boulevard in Atlantic City. When you enter the Sheraton, not only will you be blown away by the beauty of the lobby, but you will also be swept up in the magic of the Miss America Pageant. From 1921 to 2005, the Miss America Pageant was held in Atlantic City. I can still remember watching the parade from the boardwalk and taking Girls Scouts to “Show our Shoes” to the contestants as they paraded down the Atlantic City Boardwalk in convertibles and other fancy cars. Today, the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel pays tribute to that history with a Miss America type museum in their lobby. You can see famous dresses worn by past contestants and memorabilia. There are even photographs in the hotel rooms.
Our night mimicked what our winners won. We had a great dinner at the Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery (more details on that later) and then an overnight stay at the Sheraton. Our room was up on the 16th floor. A floor, I highly recommend because it allows guests access to the Club Lounge, and yes children are allowed in. The Club Lounge provides hotel guests with free refreshments, beverages, wi-fi, tv, and additional room to make yourself at home. At certain hours of the day complimentary appetizers are offered. In the morning, there is a great continental breakfast. It’s a great way to fuel up before heading downstairs for a day of fun in Atlantic City.
Since we stayed as a couple our room included:
- 1 King size Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed
- A flat screen television with cable
- A closet & dresser
- A bathroom with a standard size tub
- Coffee maker
Click here for a virtual tour of our room on YouTube.
Our room and the hotel was fabulous. I wish we could have slept in more, but you know how it is when the kids are at home. We had to hurry back.
What you should know if you stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
- Since you are located in Atlantic City, you have some great options to consider for meals.
- The hotel is pet-friendly, so you maybe able to bring your dog.See the Sheraton Pet Policy for more information.
- The Club Lounges on the 15th & 16th floor are open to children.
- Club Lounge Hours:
6:30 – 9:30 am (Monday – Friday)
7:30 – 10:30 am (Saturday – Sunday)
- Evening Hors d’oeuvres:
4:00 – 7:00 pm (Seven Days A Week)
- Club Lounge Hours:
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- You can watch most standard tv channels and some movies at no extra charge.
- Unfortunately, we did not get to experience the pool. We ran out of time, but we hope you do. If you plan to swim at the Sheraton Atlantic City pool.
- The pool is 4 feet.
- It’s open daily from 6 am till 10 pm, year-round.
- The pool is indoors and heated.
- An outdoor whirlpool is available daily from 8 am – 10 pm.
- You can order food and beverages at select times during the day.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers
- Cribs, pack and plays, and rollaways are available by request. There may be an additional charge.
- Larger suites and connecting rooms are available.
- Parking at the Atlantic City Sheraton Convention – You may choose to self-park or valet park.
- Self-parking – $14 for a 24-hour period or per entry/exit out of the garage. No in-and-out privileges. (Meaning you pay every time the garage and the rate starts over once you reenter.)
- Valet Parking – $20 for a 24-hour period or per entry/exit out of the garage. No in-and-out privileges. (Meaning you pay every time the garage and the rate starts over once you reenter.)
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel site for rates and availability.
To view our pictures from the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel visit our Facebook Gallery.
To watch our video from the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel visit our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/jerseyfamilyfun.