Shark River Park – Monmouth County, NJ – Parks & Playgrounds
The playground at Shark River Park is shady and has lots of bench seating.
3 Reasons My Family Loves Shark River Park
- The Shark River Park playground is divided into two different sections – one for the bigger kids, and a smaller area for the little ones. This keeps the older kids from accidentally running into the smaller ones, and helps all of the kids stay on the equipment that is meant for them.
- The park is filled with super shady trees. This helps keep all of the kids on the playground cool on those sunny days and the supervising parents don’t end up roasting in the sun.
- We love fishing in the pond that is fed by the Shark River. The kids have a blast looking for tadpoles, turtles and frogs. We like to bring a bag of snacks and our fishing poles, and spend the afternoon fishing as a family.
The climbing wall at Shark River Park playground is always a hit.
What Shark River Park Offers:
- Swings (baby and regular)
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Sand diggers
- Monkey Bars
- Picnic Areas with grills
- Indoor restrooms
- 8.27 miles of trails
- Shuffleboard and horseshoes facilities (equipment can be checked out for free at the Shelter Building)
- Fishing pond (state fishing license required for anglers over the age of 16)
Bring your fishing poles to the pond at Shark River Park.
Shark River Park is the Monmouth County Park System’s first park, opened in 1961. It occupies 946 acres on either side of the Shark River in Neptune, Wall Township, and Tinton Falls. Its waterways, sandy hills, forests and ponds attract anglers and hikers in the summer, and cross country skiers and ice skaters in the winter. Children can enjoy climbing, swinging and sliding on the playground year round.
Shark River Park is located at 1101 Schoolhouse Road, Wall, NJ 07753 in Monmouth County. The park opens daily at 7am and closes at dusk.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.