This post was sponsored by the Sea Pirate Campground who provided us with a cabin overnight, at no charge, for this article. Our visit was arranged by Real Mom Media. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey family campgrounds we think their family may enjoy.
Our first camping adventure at Sea Pirate Campground
Once upon a time, before kids, before marriage, I was a Girl Scout Leader and we camped regularly. It was only natural, then, that camping with my kids would be on my bucket list. A few weekends ago after our Pirate Day at the Tuckerton Seaport, we got to mark that off our list.
My family enjoyed our first camping trip at Sea Pirate Campground in Tuckerton, New Jersey. It was the perfect place to experience camping for the first time. We stayed in a deluxe cabin which offered a bit of the comforts of home while also the setting of a campsite.
Sea Pirate Campgrounds offers these camping accomodations for families
- Tent Camping
- Basic & Deluxe Cabins (some are pet-friendly cabins as well)
- Full Hook up sites and Premium Pull through sites for RVs
Here’s our video tour of the Sea Pirate Campground 2 Room Cabin
The Sea Pirate 2 Room Cabin has
- The back room, separated with a wall and door.
- had a wall AC unit
- 2 bunk beds (sleeps up to 4)
- The front room
- had a full-sized bed
- large mini fridge
- pop up table
- In front of your cabin
- Parking for 1 vehicle
- Front porch with some seating
- Picnic Table
- Barbecue Grill & Fire Pit
My boys were so excited about the bunk beds especially my 4 year old who we let have a top bunk for the first time.
After enjoying and playing all day at Tuckerton Seaport and an afternoon/evening with friends you would have thought my boys would have been zonked out. Instead their excitement of exploring the cabin and picking beds gave them a little burst of energy. My boys couldn’t wait till the next morning to investigate what else Sea Pirate Campground had to offer.
Sea Pirate Campground offers
- Catch & Release Fishing Pond
- Inground Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Game Room
- Activity Room (with special activities)
- Snack bar with ice cream
- Gift Shop with souvenirs & basic groceries
My boys woke up with the morning sun (so much for sleeping in), but it was all good. We cleaned up our cabin and took off to explore all Sea Pirate Campground offers. We had such a fun time, we can’t wait to return.
What you should know if you stay at the Sea Pirate Campground in Tuckerton
- Most cabins do not have indoor plumbing or bathrooms. Bathrooms are just a short walk away.
- Bring a flashlight if you plan to make bathroom trips or night-time walks.
- If your children are scared of the dark, bring a nightlight for the cabin.
- You will need to take your own trash with you.
- Cable Tv hookup is available, but you need to bring your own tv.
- Some free Wi-fi is available on the grounds
- The Sea Pirate Campground does not supply bedding or towels. I used sleeping bags for my boys to make it more convenient to bring them bedding.
Is located at 148 Main Street (Route 9), West Creek (Tuckerton), New Jersey.
View more of our Sea Pirate Campground photos in our Facebook Gallery.