This is not a sponsored post.
Scotland Run Park – Gloucester County Parks & Playgrounds
4 Reasons my Family Loves Scotland Run Park
- Scotland Run Lake has a castle like playground. The playground is a lot of fun for the kids. The kids like the easy to slide lower slides. There are also monkey bars that the children really liked to climb across from one side to the next.
- I liked the fact that there was benches all along the area. They were very close and around the play around so children can play and parents can sit back and read a good book.
- Boats. There were boats all along the lake. The lake you aren’t allowed to swim in or play in however you could borrow a boat and go in or go fishing with your children. The only thing was there was no life guards present so I advise using your own parental caution before going out in the lake. There are also no life vests so you would have to bring your own.
- There are only 2-3 steps or a ramp to get up to the play area. It made me feel safe knowing that the children didn’t have to be up too far when they were playing. Combined with the benches being a very short distance away this was a very relaxing area. The only problem is for parents with even smaller children (less than 5-years of age) because there are no fences in between the lake area and the playground area so be wary of runner type children and wanders.
What Scotland Run Park offers
- Park benches
- Walking Paths
- Tic-Tac-Toe board
- Boats for fishing or boating
- Sand bring some buckets and sand shovels and dig
- Plenty of parking
The Scotland Run Park is located at 980 East Academy Street in Clayton in Gloucester County. Open from Sun-up to Sundown.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.