Are you looking to make better use of the Salem County Libraries?
Did you know there are Salem County Library Events for kids?
No matter what age your children are, there is something for them at your local library! Some libraries in Salem County offer daily events, and some are weekly, or even monthly. Just stop in! Some library websites aren’t maintained daily, and your library might do a better job posting signs than posting online.
Reasons to Visit your Salem County Libraries
- Learn more about reciprocal borrowing privileges through PALS Plus. PALS Plus includes a group of public and academic libraries located throughout New Jersey. Members share library and computer resources.
- Does your child just HAVE to have the next installment of the series they’re reading? Don’t run to Barnes and Noble before you check out your reciprocal privileges!
- No Salem County Library Events when your kids are available for them? No problem! Stop in for a movie, CD, or of course a DVD. Exposing your children to the benefits of the library can inspire a love of reading and strengthen their resource skills.
- Libraries fit your budget! Free books, CDs, and often time movies, along with ebooks and audiobooks can help those with a limited entertainment budget. Have a preschooler at home and need to fill the days? Libraries offer story times, crafts, and even yoga. See below for what some Salem County libraries offer!
What you need to know about the Salem County Libraries
- There are 4 libraries in Salem County: Elmer, Pennsville, Salem, and Woodstown Pilesgrove. See the list below and click the town name to go directly to any of the library’s websites.
- Listed next to each library is a sample of JUST A FEW events/programs that they offer. There’s a lot more to choose from so be sure to check their sites!Some events may be limited to residents so call ahead if you’re unsure. Some also require pre-registration which can be done online or by calling the library.
- If your library doesn’t offer a program you’d be interested in, speak up! Most libraries have a Friends of the Library group that might be able to fund a program or event.
- Libraries offer plenty of adult programs too so take some time for yourself and join a book club, knitting club, or attend an author lecture.
The Salem County Library System Locations
- There is not a county library system in Salem County
Other Libraries in Salem County not part of the county system
- Elmer Public Library– 120 South Main St, Elmer, 856-358-2014. Click over to see our picks for Elmer Public Library events for kids.
- Pennsville Public Library– 190 South Broadway, Pennsville, 856-678-5473. Click over to see our picks for Pennsville Public Library events for kids.
- Woodstown Pilesgrove Library– 14 School Lane, Woodstown, 856-769-0098. Click over to see our picks for Woodstown Pilesgrove Library events for kids.
- Salem Free Public Library -856-935-0526, 856-935-5110.