This post was sponsored by Sahara Sam’s who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate
their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to
do with families in New Jersey & New Jersey Waterparks we think their family may enjoy.
Sahara Sam’s has fun for everyone!
This past weekend our family visited Sahara Sam’s. With children in all age groups I was worried that one of them would feel left out or if they couldn’t join in on the fun. I was very pleasantly surprised. The first thing that I noticed about Sahara Sam’s was how kind the employees were.
- There are two slides in Tim-Bu-Tu a water area for all ages. The slides are a little scary but it was relaxing to know that there was a life guard at the top and at the bottom of the slides. They were at the top to let the one on the bottom know when it was the next person’s turn to go down the slide. They also asked me “Would you like us to catch your daughter?” I was so happy I was able to stay up with my children and slide on the slides also and be able to enjoy myself because I knew how caring and sincere each employee was about my children’s safety.
- Another great family experience was on “Mt. Kill” as it was called for short. My 5-year-old, 8-year-old and I went on it and I felt very safe. The employee held the raft so each one of us could get in. At the bottom I noticed there are buttons to let the person on the top know when to send another family down so there are no collisions. It was so much fun and a memory I will have forever.
What Sahara Sam’s has to offer:
- Tim-bu-Tu which includes two slides one closed and one open slide.
- Mt. Kill Family slide for children 42 inches and taller.
- The Mile Nile for children 48 inches and taller that is a body slide!
- Snake eyes two slides side by side use a joined tube.
- Lazy river which was awesome I had my two youngest sit on my lap and my oldest get into another tube and held onto the tub so we could have some relaxing family fun.
- Lizard Lagoon only for the littler ones 42 inches and smaller.
- Indoor surfing simulator (must be at least 8-years-old and 48 inches, waiver needed to be signed before using)
- Basketball area in water.
- Outdoor Splash Pad during warmer months.
- Outdoor pool for warmer months.
Bring Dad & Grandpa they won’t have to miss the big game
- Another great thing that I saw was that they have a bar for adults and the play the big games, soccer, football, or baseball is playing on the screen. It’s a really relaxing place.
- They also have a hot tub or “warming station” for adults ages 18 and older. Bring multiple adults and switch off with who goes up on one of the family rides, make it a big family get together or a girls day out with the kids.
Sahara Sam’s Cafe
- Although outside food and beverages aren’t permitted you don’t have to worry about having to leave to eat. There is an awesome cafe where you can eat inside or outside and enjoy the outside area and the sun. There is also a snack station inside to get small items like soda or french fries while you take a break from all the water.
Bathrooms, Lockers & Changing Areas
- You don’t have to worry about your items being lost or stolen. You can purchase a locker for a small amount to put all your items in or items you don’t want to get wet.
- The bathrooms are many and very clean. I went on Memorial Day weekend and they were extremely clean, maintained and never were out of soap, paper towels, or toilet paper.
- There was a baby changing area as well so don’t worry about having to do the changing of baby in the car or other awkward places.
- They have changing areas in the bathroom area to change your clothes before going into the game room or before you leave to your car.
- They also have showers. Remember to shower before entering the water park area.
Parking and Location
- Parking is free right out back.
Sahara Sams is located at
Sahara Sam’s Oasis
535 North Route 73
West Berlin, NJ 08091
Please visit the Sahara Sam’s website or call 856-767-7580 for more information.
To view more Sahara Sam’s Photos visit our Facebook page photo album.
Read more about Sahara Sam’s, Camden County’s indoor and outdoor water park by checking out our Sahara Sam’s series.
This post was sponsored by Sahara Sam’s who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with their families in New Jersey & New Jersey Water Parks we think their family may enjoy.