This post was sponsored by Sahara Sam’s who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in New Jersey & New Jersey Waterparks we think their family may enjoy.
Sahara Sam’s – An Easy Place to Enjoy a Family Trip
We recently visited Sahara Sam’s Indoor water park with our three kids – ages 3, 5, and 7 years. When we make day trips, there is usually a lot of packing and planning involved: Did we remember snacks? Extra clothes? Toys to play with? It can really get to be overwhelming. A trip to Sahara Sam’s was just what the doctor ordered for this mom because it was so easy that I was just able to enjoy the day!
The gigantic splash of the bucket at Sahara Sam’s never gets old!
Some things my family loved about Sahara Sam’s:
- They have life jackets galore. My three year-old is not a good swimmer yet, so it was great that they have these available all throughout the park for the kids to use. No need to dig one up at home to bring with you!
- It was unbelievably clean. We have visited other water parks and spraygrounds in the past where water shoes felt necessary because things were a bit icky. Sahara Sam’s was spotless from top to bottom. The bathrooms were impeccable and had nonslip rubber mats for wet feet. Even the locker room changing area was super clean. As a mom, this was so wonderful to see.
- It is laid out perfectly. My three year-old wanted to play in the toddler area and my two older kids wanted to play in the Tim-buk-tu area. They were right next to each other, with chairs stationed in the middle, so I was able to watch all of them at once. It was really nice to let them do what they wanted while still being able to keep an eye on them.
- The lifeguards were great. All day we witnessed all of the lifeguards going out of their way to keep the kids safe. I also saw several occasions where they had line-cutters move back to the end of the line which made the rest of the kids waiting patiently happy.
It was so cool to see people ride the waves at the Flowrider!
Sahara Sam’s really does make it easy for a simple day trip. All you really need is your bathing suits and towels. Don’t feel like lugging around a heavy bag of clothes? Rent a locker! Not in the mood for lunch at the snack bar/café? Feel free to go eat somewhere down the road or picnic in your car – your bracelet allows you to come and go out of the park as you please! Forget swimmies for your little one? Use one of their life jackets free of charge! It was the perfect day trip for our family on a cool fall day. The kids had a blast and so did the parents! Plus, boy did they sleep well that night when we got home from Sahara Sam’s! It really was a great day for everyone.
Some things to know about Sahara Sam’s:
- They have a café and bar on site. Sahara Sam’s does not permit you to bring in your own food or beverages. You are more than welcome to have a picnic in your car or go get food elsewhere. Your admission bracelet allows you to come and go from the park as you please.
- There are plenty of changing rooms inside both the locker area and the restrooms. This is great for the colder days, so you don’t need to wear your bathing suit to the park.
- There are plenty of options for water fun for toddlers to teens (and grown ups!). No matter the age, your child will never get bored at Sahara Sam’s!
- They are open some days after school and also on school holidays. Check the Sahara Sam’s website for the most up-to-date schedule. Sahara Sam’s Oasis is located at 535 North Route 73 in West Berlin, NJ 08091 in Camden County.
The lazy river was fun for our entire family!
For more Sahara Sam’s Oasis photos, please visit our Jersey Family Fun Facebook photo album.
Read more about Sahara Sam’s, Camden County’s indoor and outdoor water park by checking out our Sahara Sam’s series.
This post was sponsored by Sahara Sam’s who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with their families in New Jersey & New Jersey Water Parks we think their family may enjoy.