Jersey Family Fun was provided with accommodations at the Royal Sonesta Boston in Boston in return for providing you with information about how this hotel is a great option for families looking for places to stay in Boston with kids.
Royal Sonesta Boston, a beautiful place to stay in Boston
The Royal Sonesta Boston hotel is stunning! It’s one of those hotels that is so beautiful and modern you’re not sure if children are actually welcome there. Let me assure you they are! It’s like the Royal Sonesta hotel chain saw this gorgeous setting in Boston and said let’s make something just as beautiful and let’s make sure we create it to be welcoming for families as well.
About the Royal Sonesta Boston
The Royal Sonesta Boston is located right on the water at 40 Edwin Land Boulevard in Cambridge. Whether your hotel room faces the river or you dine outside at the ArtBar you will enjoy the breathtaking views of the Charles River and the boats in the marina. While you may fly or drive to your Boston family vacation once at the Royal Sonesta Boston, there’s so much to do within walking distance don’t be surprised if your car never leaves the parking garage.
The Royal Sonesta Boston offers valet parking and self parking for an additional charge. Hotel guests can have in and out access to the parking garage. Some hotel packages may include parking.
What makes the Royal Sonesta Boston one of the great places to stay in Boston with kids?
Let’s start with the staff. Everywhere we visited within the hotel we were greated by courteous staff ready to make sure we had everything we needed. We sat in the modern open lounges, swam in the pool, and dined at their ArtBar and never once did it feel like our kids weren’t welcome. My kids are definitely not perfectly-behaved boys. They can be a little loud or move a bit too quickly through a hotel, but there never were any disapproving glances.
At the Royal Sonesta Boston it’s not just the customer service that let me know that families are welcome. It’s also in the amenities included with a stay and the hotel packages they offer. A pool that’s open late, delicious chocolate chip cookies, and tickets to a science museum…yes, the Royal Sonesta Boston definitely welcomes kids.
About the Royal Sonesta Boston hotel rooms
The Royal Sonesta Boston offers hotel rooms with either a view of the city of Cambridge or the Charles River. There are rooms with 1 king bed, 1 or 2 queen beds, and 2 double beds. Accessible rooms are also available. Since there were not rooms available to sleep a family of 5, we had two connecting rooms. Both rooms were River View rooms: one king bed room and one 2 queen beds room.
Here are some other details that made our connecting River View rooms so great for our family.
- Really, comfortable beds. My husband rarely sleeps good in a hotel. He usually prefers to sleep in his own bed. He enjoyed the mattress and pillow so much he even did some research to see where he could buy the exact same pillows.
- Additional seating
- No USB ports, but there were plenty of outlets.
- Flatscreen televisions
- The motion-sensor light between the 2 queen beds in their room. When they got up at night for the bathroom, it would light their way. I didn’t need to leave any lights on.
- Storage in a closet and dresser drawers
- In each hotel room closet there is a robe and slippers for one of the guests.
- The housekeeping and hotel staff thought of everything when it came to toiletries and possible forgotten items. Our bathrooms were stocked with dental kits, sewing kits, razors, q-tips, and cotton balls.
Watch our video tour of our Royal Sonesta Boston hotel room below.
About the Royal Sonesta Boston amenities
In addition to the pool, this Boston hotel offers sitdown restaurants and a grab and go Starbucks-style shop.
My kids also enjoyed these Royal Sonesta Boston amenities
- The hotel offers one of the largest pools in the Boston and Cambridge area. It’s a chlorine-free, salt-based pool that ranges in depfth from 3 feet to 9 feet. It’s open till 10 pm making it convenient for families that want to get in a swim after exploring Boston.
- Milk & Cookies as part of the Little Scientists hotel package (see below).
While we didn’t take advantage of these hotel amenities we know they might be important to other families.
- Dog friendly rooms are available. Visit here to learn about additional fees and weight limits. (There are 58 pet friendly restaurants in Cambridge that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables. Learn more here.)
- Car services – A courtesy car service is available to bring guests to local businesses in Cambridge during select hours. Airport shuttles are available for a fee.
- Fitness Center is open 24 hours.
- Art collection – Take a self-guided walking tour of the art on display throughout the hotel and restaurants.
Royal Sonesta Boston Hotel Offers for Families
The Little Scientists Package is the best way to book your stay at the Royal Sonesta Boston.
Spark your little one’s imaginations with the Little Scientists package, which includes an overnight stay for four, four tickets to the Boston Museum of Science, milk and cookies for the family and plenty of time at the indoor pool!
It may say “Little” but this package packs a HUGE amount of fun. It’s not just for the littlest of kids either. My tween and teens had a lot of fun at the Boston Museum of Science. One of my biggest regrets from our Boston family vacation was not setting aside enough time to explore the science museum. We spent about 2-3 hours in it, but with 3 floors of activities, exhibits, and shows, we could have spent a whole day there.
Visit this page of the hotel website for more details about current offers.
Take a look at more of our pictures in our photo album on Facebook.
To find about more about the Royal Sonesta Boston and make a reservation, please visit their website at www.sonesta.com/us/massachusetts/cambridge/royal-sonesta-boston or call (617) 806-4200. Please let them know you learned about them on Jersey Family Fun.
Where can we eat with kids near this Boston hotel?
Below are some Boston restaurants that are great for kids.
You can’t leave the Royal Sonesta Boston without eating a meal at their restaurant the ArtBar. If the weather permits, I definitely recommend sitting outside. The views are incredible. We had a complimentary dinner there the first night and breakfast the following morning. Both times I was thrilled to find delicious gluten-free options on the menu. Not to mention, the staff was outstanding and my kids found new foods to try. We’ll tell you more in our article about things to do in Boston with kids.
On this visit to Boston we also ate at the
- Cheesecake Factory
- World of Beers
- Game On
- Find more suggestions for restaurants at the Royal Sonesta Boston hotel here or Boston restaurants here.
What is there to do with kids near the Royal Sonesta Boston?
Below are some of the nearby activities that we enjoyed with our kids.
- A tour of the Fenway Park baseball stadium
- Exploring the Boston Museum of Science
- Walk through the Boston Public Garden
- Click over to find more suggestions about things to do in Boston with kids.
You can learn more about the Royal Sonesta Boston on their website, www.sonesta.com/us/massachusetts/cambridge/royal-sonesta-boston. Please let them know Jersey Family Fun referred you. For more help planning your family vacation to Boston, please visit our series about Boston family vacations.
To arrange a feature on your location please contact Jennifer Auer at Jenniferauer@jerseyfamilyfun.com.