My stay at the Rancho Bernardo Inn was included as part of my conference fee for the HP Print & Pamper fee.
As I take on more travel this year to improve my blogging skills as well as our family travel series, I am getting the experience of staying at more hotels and resorts, something I love. Last October, I stayed at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. My lodging was included in my HP Print & Pamper conference fee. I was so impressed with the resort and how they welcome families, I just had to share the details with you. While this blog post will focus on the room I stayed in, you can click over to visit my 7 Ways San Diego’s Rancho Bernardo Inn Welcomes Kids post to find out more hotel details.
On the Rancho Bernardo Inn property:
You can see pictures of all of this in our Facebook album of Rancho Bernardo Inn photos.
- Rooms with private patios or balconies
- Walking paths
- Beautiful fountains
- Heated outdoor pools
- 18-Hole Championship Golf Course
- 3 Restaurants
- The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn
- Many areas with outdoor seating
Our video tour of my room at Rancho Bernardo Inn
My Rancho Bernardo Inn room included:
- 1 King size bed
- Flat-screen TV
- A closet with additional storage adjacent to it
- A large dresser
- Desk/Work station
- Telephone with a nightstand on each side of the bed
- Additional seating with 1 chaise chair and ottoman with coffee table
- Bathroom with bath amenities and an oversized shower
- Large MiniFridge
What you should know if you stay at the Rancho Bernardo Inn
- The Rancho Bernardo Inn is located at 17550 Bernardo Oaks Drive in San Diego, California. Shuttle service to the airport is available for a fee.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider. (Gluten-free options were also available on the menu.)
- AVANT – their signature restaurant or the Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant – for a more casual dining experience.
- Cafe Granada, the perfect stop for your morning Starbucks™, a quick breakfast or lunch on-the-go. Enjoy house-made pastries baked fresh daily, fresh salads, grab-and-go sandwiches & WIFI.
- For a quick bite to eat or a casual cocktail, the Bar is an experience for locals and guests alike.
- Bring food with you and take advantage of the refrigerator and perhaps create your own meals.
- If you plan to swim at the pool:
- There are adult pools and a family pool.
- There is a toddler/baby wading pool.
- The family pool runs from 3 feet to 6 feet.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and children are not permitted to swim alone.
- There are towels available at the pool.
- The pool is outdoors and does appear to be heated. There is safety gating around the pool.
- It’s open till 10 pm. It’s an added perk I love. Many hotels close their pools early in the evening leaving families with limited options for entertaining the kids at night. By being open late like the sun, families can play at their favorite attractions and then come back to the Rancho Bernardo Inn to swim at night.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, please ask about cribs.
- Rancho Bernardo Inn has plenty of complimentary parking available.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Rancho Bernardo Inn site for rates and availability.
Make a family vacation out of your stay at the Rancho Bernardo in with visits to these nearby San Diego attractions: Safari Park, Legoland, Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Southern California Beaches. Disneyland is also 1.5 -2.5 hours away.
To view more Rancho Bernardo Inn photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel series.
If you’d like to invite Jersey Family Fun to cover your resort or destination, please email Jennifer Auer.