Railroad Plaza Park – Allenhurst, NJ – Monmouth County Parks and Playgrounds
Just some of the playground equipment located at Railroad Plaza Park.
4 Reasons my Family Loves Railroad Plaza Park
- The train station on site! Railroad Plaza Park is located directly next to a train station (the Allenhurst NJ Transit station stop) – hence the name. NJ Transit trains pull up often and the kids go crazy every time they get to see one while they play.
- The waterfront location. With the train station on one side of the park, it’s a great spot. Just as exciting? The lake on the other side! You get a great view of geese and fish at the lake, and on one recent visit we spied a turtle taking a snooze in the sun.
- The proximity to downtown Allenhurst. The Railroad Plaza Park is located right off of Main Street in Allenhurst. After playing on the playground, my kids love to take the short walk up the road to visit their favorite bakery for a treat.
- It’s never crowded. This is an off-the-beaten-path kind of park. Even though it’s small in size, my kids will play for hours because they usually have their run of the place.
A shady gazebo is the perfect spot for an afternoon snack.
What Railroad Plaza Park offers
- Swings (baby and regular)
- Monkey bars
- Climbing equipment
Your kids can watch the trains come in the station while they play on the park.
The Railroad Plaza Park is located at Railroad Plaza (off of Corlies Avenue) in Allenhurst, NJ in Monmouth County. Park hours are dawn to dusk.
See more Railroad Plaza Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.