In full disclosure, we were provided with accommodations at Purity Spring Resort in Mt Washington Valley. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun. As usual all opinions are my own.
Our first ski resort as a family, as we drove up to New Hampshire from New Jersey we were a mix of emotions; excitement, fear, nervousness, joy, hunger, and exhaustion. When we arrived at the Purity Spring Resort that night and checked in with the front desk, most of those concerns drifted away like the falling snowflakes. Even at night we could tell the resort would have a lot to offer and the front desk receptionist greeted all of us so warmly, we knew we were in for a great time. Any concerns my boys had about skiing were reduced with her assurance that King Pine was going to be a great school for them to learn skiing at.
Even though we stopped and ate along the way, we were all very hungry by the time we arrived. Thankfully, Traditions Restaurant & Pub was open. We wasted no time checking into our room, making our room video, and then heading over for a late dinner.
We filled our bellies at dinner, learned about the resort, and excitedly talked about our upcoming days at Purity Spring Resort. What would we do? How would skiing go? Would we tube? Would my boys snowshoe with me?
We spent our days learning to ski and we’ll be telling you more about that. My boys loved it so much that is was hard to pull them away for any of Purity Spring Resort’s other activities. We didn’t get the chance to experience snowtubing or ice skating (perhaps great reasons to go back ;-) ). I did however sneak away for some mommy time on the trails for snowshoeing. It was so peaceful. Over the course of an hour or so I snowshoed over several trails and took in so much of the beauty of the property (see pictures here.) It was easy to see why families enjoy the resort not just in the winter, but also in the warmer months when the ponds defrost and swimming, canoeing, and kayaking are available. I could easily see coming back and enjoying a picnic along the trails or hanging out on the beach.
Take a look at what else the Purity Spring Resort has to offer.
On the Purity Spring Resort property:
You can see pictures of the activities we enjoyed and the Purity Spring Resort property in our Facebook album of Purity Spring Resort photos.
The following amenities are included with your lodging (unless otherwise noted).
YR – Year-round
W – Winter season only
S – Summer season only
S, S, F – Spring, Summer and Fall
- Indoor pool & fitness center YR
- Hiking YR
- Massage Therapy (Additional Fee) YR
- Wildlife viewing YR
- NH Audubon’s Hoyt Wildlife Sanctuary YR
- The Cellar Door – Lounge and recreation room YR
- Skiing and snowboarding (Additional Fee) W (nighttime skiing and snowboarding are available.)
- Nordic skiing W
- Snowshoeing W (Take a guided tour or venture out on the trails using one of their maps.)
- Snowtubing W (Nighttime snowtubing is available.)
- Ice skating W
- Horse-drawn Sleigh Rides W
- Boating: Canoes, rowboats and kayaks S, S, F
- Fishing: Pickerel, bass and trout S, S, F
- Sailing S, S, F
- Four sandy beaches S, S, F
- Four playgrounds: Millbrook, King Pine, Picnic Island and Sunset Beach S, S, F
- Volleyball & Badminton S, S, F
- Friday Evening Entertainment S
- Basketball S, S, F
- Croquet & Shuffleboard S, S, F
- Ping pong, pool and video games YR
- Horseshoes S, S, F
- Mountain biking (rental fee) S, S, F
- Tennis – Five outdoor courts, one lighted S, S, F
- The Cellar Door – Lounge and recreation room YR
- Water-skiing and kneeboarding S
Take a look inside our room in the King Pine building.
Our video tour of our Purity Spring Resort King Pine Luxury suite
After a busy day skiing we did take some time to chill (or warm up) in front of the Inn’s fireplace.
My boys absolutely loved the bunk beds. Funny how the littlest guy went for the highest spot.
Our Purity Spring Resort King Pine Luxury suite included:
- 1 Queen bed in the main bedroom
- A second bedroom with bunk beds and a twin bed. The top bunk has guard rails on both sides.
- TV with several family friendly channels in the main bedroom
- A closet in the second bedroom
- Dressers in both bedroom
- Desk in main bedroom
- Telephone with nightstand
- Luggage rack in both rooms
- A dividing area between the two rooms with movable doors to divide the two rooms
- A bathrooms with bath amenities and a standard size tub
- Coffee Maker
- MiniFridge (Pick up some cereal, milk, and lunch items for your visit and you’ll cut down on some of your meal expenses.)
- Shelving space for storing pantry items
- Silverware, cups, and plates
What you should know if you stay at the Purity Spring Resort
- The Purity Spring Resort is located at 1251 Eaton Road, Route 153 in Madison, New Hampshire.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- Eat in the Traditions Restaurant & Pub. Menu or buffet options are available. Your meals can be included as part of a meal plan. Click over to learn more about eating at Traditions or other Mt Washington Valley restaurants.
- Visit MtWashingtonvalley.org for a list of restaurants within driving distance.
- Bring food with you and take advantage of the refrigerator and microwave and create your own meal. (A minifridge and microwave are available in some rooms. If this is important to you make sure you request that when you make your reservation.)
- If you plan to swim at the pool.
- The pool is located with the fitness center in the Mill building. It is within walking distance of the main building and some other buildings. Parking is available if driving from your building.
- The regular pool is rectangular and has steps into it. It runs from 3 feet to 5 feet.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and children are not permitted to swim alone.
- There are limited towels available at the pool. Bring some beach towels from home.
- The pool is indoors.
- There is a hot tub jacuzzi steps away from the pool.
- It’s open during daylight hours. During our visit it was open till 8-9 pm.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, please ask about cribs.
- Purity Spring Resort has plenty of complimentary parking available.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available for at no additional fee.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Purity Spring Resort site for rates and availability.
To view more Purity Spring Resort & Inn photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
We hope you agree a stay at the Purity Spring Resort can be a great way to enjoy an outdoor family vacation in the Mt Washington Valley area of New Hampshire. When you visit make sure you tell them Jersey Family Fun sent you.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Mt Washington Valley, New Hampshire series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.
In full disclosure, this post was made possible by Purity Spring Resort in Mt Washington Valley. We were provided with a complimentary room in the King Pine in and some meals at Traditions restaurant. These things were arranged so that we could review this Mt Washington Valley resort for its family friendliness. However, our opinions are honest and based on our experiences.